Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Isn't this wierd?

Hi everyone.

Yesterday, I was looking at a advanced chart - 1 minute intraday chart .

It was in the afternoon and there wasn't much volume traded, sometimes only one trade within a few minutes.
    I happened to notice that when there are no trades within the selected time interval, esignal just skips that bar without leaving any space for that period.

For example, there was no trade for DISH between 14:41 and 14:44. The 1 minute bar after 14:40 was 14:45, skipping 4 bars.
    I also noticed that there was no 15:00 bar.

Isn't this behavior strange? It could mess up trendlines, moving averages and other indicators as well.
    Attached Files

this is 14:45
    Attached Files

Comment

And the time and sales
      Attached Files

Comment

Ykk,

This is what is referred to as zero volume bars. In cases when a stock does not have any trades during a certain period of time, the gap for that bar is removed and the data is "compressed" without any gaps in the chart. Some individuals like this feature, others do not. It was implemented to keep technical studies from being skewed when there was a lack of trading. Please let me know if you have any questions.

Comment

To add to Duane's response, we hope to enable a setting on the desktop so users can choose to display zero volume bars or not. It's not a very simple task but it is on our development list so hopefully it makes it into an upcoming release. No current ETA to provide at this time.

Thanks.

Comment

Duane, Scott,

thanks for your reply.

ykk

Comment

Working...
            X