100% CPU Utilization - 7.5 and MB Trading

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 100% CPU Utilization - 7.5 and MB Trading

Esignal 7.5 Build 628 generates 100% CPU Utilitization after running a couple of hrs using mb trading. Sometimes I have to kill Esignal just to get out and I have 1 GB RAM and fast CPU.

Note: I'm not using any custom efs script. Only Pivot HH-LL, Pivot High, Pivot Low and 20 and 200 SMA.

Thanks

Aerbis,

There are a couple of things that may be worth looking into. If you are running Windows 2000 or Windows xp, it is pretty easy to check where the CPU resources are being allocated. Using the Task Manager via CNTRL + ALT + DELETE is where I would start. Under the "Processes" tab, you can see where all the memory usage is being diverted. Other than MB, are there any other programs running in the background? You may also want to look into upgrading to eSignal 7.6 so we can filter out that variable as well.

Also, you may want to check to see how many lines reside on your charts, as historical lines that are no longer relevant still require processing power when running eSignal. Issues such as this can tough to troubleshoot so it basically starts with a process of elimination.

Comment

I only have 2 lines - 1 on tick and 1 on trin. I'm running 2000 sp4. I can't upgrade to 7.6 since mb does not support 7.6. Also, I don't run any other apps besides norton. This seems to occur later in the day usually after 2-4 hrs uptime.

See cpu below:
      Attached Files

Comment

do you have any debugPrintln statements?

edit - the reason I ask, is that they build up in the formula output window (which involves file access) and the longer your ouput continues, without a debugClear(); the more cpu usage increases. I was similar problems. FWIW
        Last edited by ; 03-19-2004, 07:46 PM.

Comment

Aerbis although neither site specifically says so MB navigator 10.6 does integrate with eSignal 7.6 I asked about this weeks ago and got the go ahead from MB.

Comment

Working...
          X