Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Linking w/News Ticker Window (from Yahoo Groups)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Linking w/News Ticker Window (from Yahoo Groups)

Hi Sajaldeyin,

It's not possible to link the news ticker window with the quote sheet. I'll forward this on to development for their review.

As Alexis stated, we do visit the Yahoo boards daily, but at a much less frequency than before. We are concentrating on eSignal Central and building a community based forum in which all areas that affect our clients trading, software services, and customer support can be quickly handled here.

Please register today and take advantage of the bulletin boards, as well as the file share site!

Thanks,
    Andy S.
    eSignal Support

Hello Andy or someone from eSignal,

Has this been incorporated in the versions since we communicated? Is this feature now available?
    Sajal

Comment

In eSignal 7.5, you can link a News Ticker to a Quote Window. To do so, click on Ticker Options --> Properties --> Options button next to Headlines. Then from the next window, select Filtered Headlines, By Symbol, and then choose the Quote Window you wish to link to in the drop down box.
      Attached Files
      Regards,
      Jay F.
      Product Manager

Comment

Jay,

Thanks for your response. But the feature that you have described is not new to ver 7.5. It is there in 7.4 and was in prior versions too.

My interest was and still is as follows:

Just as we have the feature of pulling up a chart of say MSFT by clicking MSFT in the quote sheet (after establishing a link between the chart and quote windows), I was looking for the similar feature between the quote sheet and the news ticker. So that by clicking on say MSFT in the quote sheet would bring up all the news headlines for MSFT. This would have two advantages:

1) No need to go to View-Headlines-close the default inner browser for ALL-click on SYM button-enter MSFT and then get headlines for MSFT.

2) One can quickly bring up news headlines in the news ticker window just by clicking on a stock symbol in the quote sheet.

Should you want to view headlines for another stock in your quote sheet, it is just one click operation. Just like changing the chart in your chart window by clicking on a different symbol in the quote window.

This does not have to change or replace any existing related features, just an additional feature.

Hope I was clear this time. Feel free to correct me if I am missing anything in your response.
        Sajal

Comment

The Symbol Linking feature you describe is not yet available. We will be redoing the News Manager, however I'm unsure of the exact version this should be seen in. I'm guessing it will likely make it into one of the 8.x series of releases (mid to late next year.)
          Regards,
          Jay F.
          Product Manager

Comment

Working...
          X