Price Volume Display question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Price Volume Display question

I like the Price/Volume display very much.
    I do have one major gripe however.

When I use the Price/Volume feature on any market that isn't in my timezone and which crosses the 24:00 hrs mark in the course of it's natural trading hours... any price/volume data that was there up till 23:59 simply disappears and it starts counting from zero once again.

Let me give an example to clarify.

I trade the eminis (NQ, ES, etc...) and these markets trade from 2230 to 0515 in my timezone.

When I set the chart times (under chart options) from 22:30 to 5:15, the price/volume display works perfectly till it hits 23:59. When the clock ticks 0:00, the price/vol display clears and all previous information disappears.

The price/vol will only display again when I change the start time to 0:00.
    But even when I do this... the first 1.5 hrs of data has disappeared.

I understand that this is due to the software's mechanism for recognising a new day but I'm sure many of us trade mkts that aren't based in our country of origin. I hope esignal can do something!

Pls see attached charts.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Anson; 03-29-2004, 09:13 AM.

And here's the one with the start time adjusted to 0:00 for the price/volume display to work. Not that the 22:30 to 00:00 hrs price/vol is naturally missing.
    IE. I don't get the complete market picture.
    Attached Files

Comment

Nothing can be done?
      Last edited by Anson; 03-30-2004, 08:08 PM.

Comment

Is there a fix for this yet? Additionally, is it possible to look back a specific number of days?

Comment

I'd like to hear if there's an answer for this question as well. Is it possible to get price/volume charts for past days?? Also, is it possible to get price/volume charts for multiple days, such as, getting one price/volume chart for the last 10 days?? You can use the volume bars in the marketprofile feature to merge days and get this result, but it's very hard to read.

Comment

Working...
          X