Distorted Current Bars on Daily, Weekly & Monthly Charts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Distorted Current Bars on Daily, Weekly & Monthly Charts

Please find an attached screen shot of a distorted chart (this is daily but the same problem happens on weekly & monthly) that I have been experiencing for some time.

This display problem does not happen on any intraday charts. However will occur no matter which instrument I use provided the market is open for that instrument. When it is not open, the chart displays properly.

This situation also has an impact on intraday charts when I want to utilize information from daily bars such as current close, current open etc... and therefore formulas do not work.

I am using version 7.1 Build 500.
    Attached Files

Re: Reply to post 'Distorted Current Bars on Daily, Weekly & Monthly Charts'

rcameron
    May I suggest that you upgrade to the latest version of eSignal irrespective
    of the issue you are experiencing.
    You will find a wealth of improvements and new features in the latest
    software and there is a very good chance that also the problem you are
    experiencing will be fixed.
    However you may want to wait for an official reply from eSignal.
    Alex

Comment

As I looked VERY close at the chart you presented, I see a FAINT line around 8000.

Is it possible you have the indu superimposed over the ES?

Did you try recreating a new AdvChart?

Comment

David
        That line is at 80000 not 8000
        Alex
        Last edited by ACM; 02-07-2003, 05:46 AM.

Comment

hmmm, right you are

I guess that is the es, which plots in the 84700 range

Wonder why that last bar has a low of zero?

Comment

Hi RCameron,

I'm not sure what to make of that, except maybe a corrupted file. I would start by upgrading to the latest release and in this case I would do a clean unistall of the 7.1 before installing 7.2. I would also do new charts rather than keeping any old ones.

If that doesn't correct the problem, I suggest calling into our Tech group for further trouble shooting. Here's the link to our 7.2 download page; http://www.esignal.com/download/default.asp.

Regards,
            Andy S.
            eSignal Support

Comment

Andy S.

I have previously reloaded 7.1 on a number of occasions as well as loading the Beta version of 7.2 with no resolution to the problem that I have reported. Also the chart I put forward was a brand new one created.

I do not want to use 7.2 as the Beta would bomb on certain efs formulas and I have no time to run extensive debugging to find the problems right now.

I did report the problem I have on a number of occassions to techsupport (European based as I am located in UK) with no resolution.

Robert

Comment

Well David got it right, the problem is clearly the bar of data that ranges from 0 into the high 80,000's. That will distort any chart. I don't see that in my ES charts, so the question is, how to fix the bogus bar info.

A simple fix might be to switch servers and see if it fixes everything. Not saying it will...but it could make sense that there could be an issue there.
                Garth

Comment

Yeah, Garth, this is a tough one as no one else seems to be getting the zero low. That's why I didn't think changing servers would help. Changing servers helps when that one server you're connected too has a bad tick. We have clients exit and log back in to connect to a different server for the immediate fix, meanwhile behind the scenes we would find the server that has the bad tick and correct it. The fact that he continues to get this on an ongoing basis and regardless of which instrument he's viewing made me think of a corrupted file, or something different than what server he's connected to.

Robert, I just wanted to verify, you mentioned problems with 7.2 beta. Are you aware the we have now released this and it's no longer beta. When you went to the 7.2 beta and then back to 7.1, did you uninstall the beta first?

You mentioned that you reported the problem to our European Tech group, did you speak with someone? If you want to private mail me, I can set up a time next week to have you speak with one of our senior tech reps. Not sure what more I can do for you. I don't think we're gonna fix this over the message board.

I'm here to help, let me know what you want to do.

Thanks,
                  Andy

Comment

Hi Andy

Please note that this distorted bar is drawn just for the current bar - all the other bars are fine when you scroll the distorted bar off screen. Also as mentioned when the market is not trading the current bar will display correctly. Also the problem happens for all symbols and for all Daily, Weekly and Monthly periods but not any Intraday periods.

I have downloaded 7.2 but am not willing to install it in case it causes problems to my formulas as I do not have time at this stage to tinker too much. When I have time I will instasll it and test.

As to tech support I did talk to your UK office buit did not get my problem resolved even with follow up requests. I would be happy to get tech support from US directly. Please let me know a time and date. Will you be calling or should i make the call?

Please give me an email that I can contact you directly.

Robert

Comment

Working...
                    X