Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Broken Printing in Analyzer

Folks,

The printing for the Graphs portion of the Equity Analyzer (backtest) seems hoplessly broken. I cannot get any of the graphs to print out properly (x,y scales, text, missing for example).

Further, there appears to be no way to save the report in a way that saves any of the graphs.

Am I missing something? Is this all known, reported and not fixed? Is there some schedule for when this will get fixed?

Re: Reply to post 'Broken Printing in Analyzer'

Deepfoo

I just ran a backtest and printed all the graphs without problems.
    The first thing I would suggest is to check if you have the latest drivers
    for your printer and OS? On the printer manufacturer's web page you might
    also want to check if there are any known issues with specific applications
    (browser apps would be a guess)

As to saving graphs together with reports I cannot do that either.

Alex
    Last edited by ACM; 02-09-2003, 11:52 AM.

Comment

Will do...

Alexis,

I'll check. It's sure possible that there is a broken dirver. Oddly the preview the initial "preview" works but it won't print. Pretty plain vanilla HP Deskject (990cse) if anyone else has one and wants to give it a try.

As for not being able to save the graphs, that's bad. It has very important measures that aren't presented anywhere else in the report so we are essentially losing that data forever (over time and as price data ages) which is not good.

Thanks for taking the time to check.

Comment

deepfoo
        FWIW I use a Deskjet 895.
        Alex

Comment

The window that shows the strategy reports is displaying HTML. You might also
          try going to internet explorer and printing a web page - does that work? What
          about printing some web pages with graphics?

m.

--- [email protected] wrote:
          > Hello mattgundersen,
          >
          > ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
          >
          Matt Gundersen

Comment

No problem printing other pages

Matt,

No issues with printing other pages with graphics. Using the latest version of IE 6.0.

I notice that the Graphs are capable of dynamically resizing. Are these in some vector format that we should be aware of? I was wondering if they were generated in VML by chance. That might be the problem perhaps in that the printer driver cannot properly handle these.

I have not as yet updated the drivers, so let's see if that fixes things first.

Comment

Working...
            X