No announcement yet.

winros.exe runs after Save All & Exit.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• winros.exe runs after Save All & Exit.

I've recently installed eSignal 7.6 on a few of the machines here in my company for a trial run. The program installs fine but when I save all and exit the program winros.exe continues to run as a process and takes up 99% of my systems memory. The only way to remove it is to end the task manually. I've tried reinstalls, registry editing and I've run Spyware and Adaware. If anyone knows a way to fix this it would be highly appreciated.

thanks,

CAponte

Hi Caponte,

Are you running any DDE links or third party applications that are communicating with eSignal. There are some other things we can look at to diagnose this, but I wanted to start here and move to more complex solutions as need be. Please let me know.

Comment

winros.exe runs after Save All & Exit.

Hi Duane,
      I do have ILX workstation also but I've tried a number of things to correct the problem. I've reformated one machine with nothing else and installed eSignal but the same thing happens. Do you have any suggestions.

Thanks,
      Carlos

Comment

Hi Carlos,

Thanks for getting back. When eSignal shuts down, does the Data Manger continue to run or does it shut down with the program while winros.exe sticks in the running processes? If the data manager continues to run after eSignal is closed, try shutting it down by going through "Receiver > Exit" Please let me know. Thanks.

Comment

It sounds like you may have a corrupt layout. You may want to close all your layouts/ pages and then shut down and see if it still happens

Comment

This is a brand new install. Are there any preinstall instructions that can prevent the winros.exe file from not running at 98% in the process menu.

Comment

Working...
            X