Leaders Board - CTRL + L

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Leaders Board - CTRL + L

Why is this only updated very 15 minutes or so? Is it sooner than that? Does anyone know of a website that it free that is almost real live time for updating leaders board. I keep missing important plays in opening bell by not having it update soon enough.

Our Leaders pages update every 5 minutes, not 15. Here are a few other FAQs on our Leaders window.

You might also want to try our Market Scanners or at least take advantage of our 30 day free trial. It'll do everything our leaders page will do and much more and it's all done in real-time.

Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by ScottJ
      Our Leaders pages update every 5 minutes, not 15. Here are a few other FAQs on our Leaders window.

You might also want to try our Market Scanners or at least take advantage of our 30 day free trial. It'll do everything our leaders page will do and much more and it's all done in real-time.

Thanks.
      Mainly interested in opening bell rally/plays. So would the pre-market scan be the one for me? I noticed it says "refresh" in the picture and it is selected NEVER. What is the minimum amount of time for refresh? Is it like 1 minute, in the seconds, or something like 5 min? It is all real time?

Comment

Sure, the premarket scan should work well for your purposes.

The minimm auto-refresh interval is 2 minutes. You can always do an immediate scan by pressing "go" at anytime but we did need to limit the automated searches to save our servers.

Thanks.

Comment

Scott,

The Leaders FAQ's says "Yes, the Leaders window is available 24 hours a day. However, the data is only refreshed during market hours." and "The first update to the Leaders window is 7:00am Pacific Time"

Just to clarify, Leaders is refreshed during regular market hours only (not pre or after market), and the five minute updates don't start until half hour after the regular market opens? Is that correct?

It would be nice to have the option to select which Leaders to view (i.e. Nasdaq only).

My (floating) Leaders window won't close with the rest of the program. I have to manually 'X' it to close, after which a crash report is generated. Hopefully the next release will fix this.

Thanks
          shaeffer

Comment

shaeffer,

That's correct. Leaders only update during regular market hours. Aside from changing from 15 minutes to 5 minutes between updates, our Leaders pages haven't changed much for quite sometime and are due a face-lift. We'd like to find an easy way to do Leaders for all our Equity exchanges, now that we cover so many worldwide.

I think I just reproduced the bug regarding saving. The Leaders window saves just fine as a part of the layout but when popped-out, it remains open after exit and save all. Then you get the crash report when you manually close it. I'm on 7.6 release 3 so that's a current bug. I'll let engineering know.

Thanks.

Comment

Thanks for the clarification, Scott. Good to know I was talking to the right person about the crash :-)

With so many more exchanges now, all the more reason for the option to select which exchange Leaders to view (in the next Leaders facelift).

Maybe less server load too if we are not all viewing all Leaders? Then maybe Leaders could start updating at 6:35 PST (or better yet, 5:05 PST)

Regards
              shaeffer

Comment

# of symbols listed

Could there be consideration for more than 10 listed symbols in the categories in the future?

Comment

As I strolled through the UC Berkeley Campus today ( It's Cal day ), I had this topic about our leaders page on my mind and came-up with a couple of thoughts I want to toss out here.

First off, I learned earlier that our leaders page face-lift will begin in the 7.7 release with two new enhancements. 1) You will be able to select which leaders you want to display and 2) users will have the option to have the symbols update dynamically (although the list itself will still be updated every 5 minutes).

Next, let's talk about how to use our Market Scanners to create custom Leader quote windows and have much more control over the content compared to our existing Leaders Pages.

Take a look at this pic:

What you're looking at is a quote window linked to an integrated Rally scan window. Each time you refresh the Rally Scan, the quote window automatically updates as well. You could set the refresh to 2 minutes and just like that, have a Leaders page that updates every 2 minutes rather than 5.

You could also filter for just NYSE or just NASD stocks. You can set the scan to display 10 - 50 rows hence giving you the ability to see up to the Top 50 leaders, rather than just 10.

Best of all, you can use the filters and other scan types to create your own "custom" leaders page and not be limited to Gainers, Losers and Most Active.

This also applies to our powerful Advanced Get Scanner.

Here's a couple of FAQ's to help you set this up:

Linking the scan results to a quote window

Opening the integrated scanner window

If you haven't tried our Market Scanners yet, take advantage of a free 30 day trial.

Pretty cool, heh?

Thanks.

Comment

ScottJ,

Awesome. I just signed up for the 30 days to test it out. I'm sure that I will end up subscribing to it. Can't wait for the DING DING DING on monday.

Comment

FYI. This bug appears fixed in the 7.7 beta 1 release, in case you're interested in trying it. It also has the ability to filter what exchanges you want in the Leaders Window.

Thanks.

Originally posted by ScottJ
                      [B]shaeffer,

I think I just reproduced the bug regarding saving. The Leaders window saves just fine as a part of the layout but when popped-out, it remains open after exit and save all. Then you get the crash report when you manually close it. I'm on 7.6 release 3 so that's a current bug. I'll let engineering know.
                      /B]

Comment

Working...
                      X