Market Maker Activity Ticker - where?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Market Maker Activity Ticker - where?

Can someone tell me how to open the Market Maker Activity Ticker, to see what it looks like?

The closest thing I could find after searching the menus was the Time & Sales ticker in Level 2, but that can't be it. So any assistance would be appreciated.
    Last edited by shaeffer; 04-16-2004, 06:25 PM.

From the main menu, try File, New, Ticker, Market Maker Ticker. Once open, chose Ticker Options, then Properties for the settings.

Thanks.

Comment

Thanks Scott,

It was there as you said. It's blank today (Saturday) - I'll look forward to seeing what it shows on Monday.

Regards
      Shaeffer

Comment

Hi Scott,

The text below I copied from an eSignal Rally Scan Strategy writeup. In there, it appears that some reference (book? website?) is about to be recommended, but it is blank. Can you fill in the blank?

Thanks
        shaeffer
        ----------------------------------------------------------------------

Market Maker Activity Ticker

A new, powerful addition to eSignal, this tool locates upticks and downticks on entire lists of NASDAQ stocks and even identifies when those upticks and downticks result in "High Bid" and "Low Offer" situations. We could probably write volumes on its use and interpretation, but we recommend:

As in all other business (trading IS a business!), competition is the rule. By using this feature, you can observe the investment "giants" competing for precious stock by noting when the same stock appears on 3, 4 or 5 different market maker windows. We contend that these are the opportunities that lead to the most profitable short-term trading strategies.

Comment

Hi,

I hadn't read that article in quite sometime but in reviewing it again today, I don't think anything is missing per se. I think the writer is suggesting that there are likely many intepretations of the value in tracking specific Market Makers but he focusses on just one: the importance of competition. He then goes on to explain how he looks for MM's competing for the same stock:
          By using this feature, you can observe the investment "giants" competing for precious stock by noting when the same stock appears on 3, 4 or 5 different market maker windows. We contend that these are the opportunities that lead to the most profitable short-term trading strategies.
          That's my interpretation at least.

Thanks.

Comment

Working...
          X