X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• eSignal 7.6 Crashing For build 636A

eSignal 7.6 build 636A
    Operating system - Win XP pro 2002 service pack 1

I am currently having some issues ever since I installed the latest version of esignal. Here is the series of events that usually takes place.

1. Internet explorer gets "hung". At this point I am unable to close IE or even bring up Task manager to kill it. None of desktop or start menu Icons work either.

2. I will do some operation such as click in an eSignal chart space and eSignal will sometimes crash with an "winsig.exe - exception fault - access violation. memory could not be read" error. Other times I will try to close eSignal and I will get a "Cannot write to .ini error. And other times I am eventually able to close IE, eSignal never crashes, and I am able to use my iCons again.

I never seem to have any problems when eSignal is not running.

Thanks
    fan27

Hi Fan,

I haven't heard of any installation issues with the new version if eSignal. Are there any specifics to the error beside "Memory cannot be read"? Have all of the critical updates been downloaded from the Microsoft Update page? When a problem is severe enough to prevent the task manager from being run, it indicates that there may have been a error during installation of the software. I would begin by making sure the OS is healthy and then moving to other possible causes, disk errors and the like. If all else fails, you may want to re-install eSignal on top of the current version to let any misplaced or missing files be reinstalled back into the eSignal directory. Hope this helps.

Comment

Working...
    X