Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Major problems with Esignal this morning! Is it just me?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Major problems with Esignal this morning! Is it just me?

Hi!

I'm having some major technical problems for some reason this morning , have no idea why.. everything worked perfectly up until today with same version ( 636A ). Real-time version.

The problem has to do with the Data Manager ( it says the connection is normal but the number of users fluctuates all the time between 1 to 9).
    I can't see any quotes, says "no data" on quote windows...
    the charts do work, but I'm subscribed for Advanced Get tools and now it says I'm not entitled for it. when I try to close the data manager , it hangs...
    this has only started today...
    again, the data manager is showing green and says it's connected...

Indeed it's a Saturday , but I need to make some research , so an ASAP help would be greatly appreciated ..

Thanks,

Dana Berliner

My system is OK here at home. PM your username and password and I'll see what I can do.

Thx

Comment

Hi Dana,

Your individual account and services look OK. I have asked someone in Operations to check the server(s) you are connected to and do some other digging to see if they can determine the problem. Might want to periodically exit and restart and see if that resolves it. If it does start working OK again, please post.

If other users are seeing similiar problems, please let us know. If there is a systemic problem, the more information we get, the easier the pattern will be to identify.

Thanks.

Comment

Thanks, Scott , I will !

When you connected to the data manager with my username and password that I supplied to you , did you have the same problems that I have ?

Thanks,

Dana Berliner

Comment

Good idea! I was using your UN/PSW to check Account Maintenance to make sure all was OK from an accounting standpoint. I just logged in as you and yes, it's working just fine. Not getting any entitlement issues and seeing just 1 desktop "user" connection.

Have you tried rebooting your PC yet?

Thanks.

Comment

I did ! Unfortunetly , the problem persists..

Right now the Data Manager says there are 6 Users ..and it keeps changing...

do you think I should uninstall Esignal and Reinstall it ? Think that might help ?

and again , wanted to emphasize , basic charts ,with no add-ons, seem to work, even if I scroll back to make it fetch for older data..
            but that's the only think that works..

and it says "No DM" on the bottom right hand corner of the esignal screen, although DM itself seems ok..

Last edited by dberliner; 04-24-2004, 10:40 AM.

Comment

It might but I'd try a few other things first. To clarify, the "users" displayed in the DM relates to the # of TCP/IP connections being made to the desktop DM from the PC, not out to our servers. So 6 "users" would indicate the DM thinks 6 different desktop apps are trying to get data. The No DM in eSignal is also related to TCP/IP as that indicates the eSignal app is having trouble connecting to the DM.

Most symptoms point to a local PC issue. I'd suggest running a program like spybot, adware or windows inspector and see what they find. You may have another program running that is conflicting with the TCP/IP path and putting the DM out of kilter. If your system comes up clean, then I'd go with the uninstall, reinstall.

Thanks.

Comment

Hey Dana,

Any luck with your system? Were any of the suggestions helpful?

Thanks.

Comment

Hi Scott !

Well, I don't know what happend .. I left the computer alone for a few hours , frustrated .. came back now ..and now it works !
                  Magic automated fix! the way I like it !

Guess it was probably a network problem on my part , as you have suggested...

Thank you very much for your help!

Dana Berliner

Comment

Working...
                  X