Moving Esig to a different computer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moving Esig to a different computer

I read the FAQ re moving. It does not address the formulas, or Pages or .AT files in the pages folder. These should all be moved as well, I assume. There may be other folders I am not aware of that need to be moved. A further question is: I will download the current latest build of 7.6, the folders on my old computer are the previous build. Will this cause problems when using old folders, formulas, etc? Isn't there an FAQ covering the entire topic?
    I am doing this today, so any advice welcome.
    Regards, Will

Hi venture,

As far as saving the EFS formulas, any formulas that are applied to chart(s) in the page file will be transferred when you save the overall page. Keep in mind that any EFS studies that have been built but have not been applied to the chart will not be transferred when you copy the Page file. To remedy this, it is advised that you save the entire Formulas folder (or wherever you save them) to insure that they have been saved properly.

In regards to applying page files from the current build to an earlier version of eSignal, there could be some issues as the older version would not be able to recognize new features incorporated with current version files.

As far as capturing the AT files that are associated with the Page files, it is usually best to copy the entire Page file folder as this will copy not only the Page files, but the corresponding AT files associated with that Page. Hope this helps.

Comment

Working...
    X