Data Manager Disconnects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Data Manager Disconnects

We have a client using our product which uses eSignal's Data Manager (DM) for data. They load up DM and it connects fine and begins receiving data. However, as soon as they load our program up and click connect (meaning they connect to the DM through the API to being receiving live data) the DM gets disconnected. This is happening everytime, not just intermittantly. He thinks he is behind a firewall because he is on the floor at the CBOT. I am trying to get this information from him. Do you think this could be the problem, or could it be something else?
    Trevor
    www.marketdelta.com

Hi Trevor,

The interesting part of this scenario is that the DM is connecting ok before starting the program. I'm sure the CBOT has quite a few safeguards in place, but it is hard to say. Have they ever been able to connect the DM through the API or has it been stuck since the first time it was run? Please let me know. Thanks.

Comment

Duane,
      Thanks for you quick response. Our program will launch DM if it is not already connected. If DM is not already connected, it will connect and then disconnect as soon as it connects. However, I just heard back from him and he said it connected and was working fine this morning. If you have any thoughts why this might be the case please let me know. Otherwise, I am happy the our customer is up and running!
      Trevor
      www.marketdelta.com

Comment

Working...
      X