EFS Updates are avaialble ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EFS Updates are avaialble ...

I signed up for free trial of eSignal Platinum today, have been user of real time for some time. I now have a little flashing icon on lower right of my tool bar that says EFS, with message behind that says EFS Updates are available. Clicking right or left does nothing.

I have loaded many EFS files in the last two weeks, but have not loaded all of them! What does this little icon mean? Is it saying there is a new version of one of the many I have on my system? Is there a quick way of knowing which ones. I can't imagine I would have to manyally hunt down every file I already have on the eSignal site to see if it has changed!

I tried a search on the forum with the exact message and no luck.

If it doesn't prove to be a useful thing is there a proper way of removing it?
    Thanks
    Dave

Dave

I now have a little flashing icon on lower right of my tool bar that says EFS, with message behind that says EFS Updates are available. Clicking right or left does nothing.

The fact that it does nothing is a bug that was introduced recently. When working properly clicking the flashing icon will open the EFS Auto Update dialog box.

What does this little icon mean?

It is warning you that there are updates available for the EFSs that are currently loaded in your charts.

Is there a quick way of knowing which ones. I can't imagine I would have to manyally hunt down every file I already have on the eSignal site to see if it has changed!

In fact you do not need to do that. Once you get the flashing icon click (at least for now) Tools->EFS->EFS Auto Updates in your main menu. This will open the dialog box mentioned above.
    Select all the EFS you want to update and then click Update Selected. You will be asked to restart eSignal if you want the updated efs to be enabled.

is there a proper way of removing it?

You can disable it if you wish by selecting the Never radio button in the EFS Auto Updates dialog box.

If you would like to visually appreciate how the EFS Auto Update works follow the example provided in this thread
    Alex

Comment

EFS updates

Thanks much Alex. Your knowledge and sharing are appreciated.
      Dave

Comment

Working...
      X