Eurostoxx50 Updates problem?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eurostoxx50 Updates problem?

I have noticed an occasional problem (its affecting me at this very moment) with my Eurostoxx50 (ET M4-DT) quotes lately. While every other mkt I have on the quote board is updating to the latest minute (mkts that are open, of course), the Eurostoxx fails to update. The time of last update is way behind. When I restart esignal and data manager, the same problem occurs... the last update time being the time I restarted esignal.

The same goes for my ET M4-DT charts! It doesn't update past the moment it was first charted when I restart esignal. I have to click on the green "Ok" to make it update manually over and over again.

The strange thing is... DAX doesn't seem to be affected even tho it's Eurex based too. Only Eurostoxx50 seems to be hit by this problem.

See the "time" shown in the screenshot for the other mkts... the eminis are updating fine... so is DAX (not on screen) but Eurostoxx isn't! Ignore the TW and NI symbols are they are illiquid at this time right now. Note that the ET M4-DT Last traded px is out of sync with the Last shown on right margin in advanced chart as I had to manually refresh the chart

Could someone please look into it?
    Thanks!

Anson
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Anson; 05-06-2004, 12:40 AM.

FWIW it's working fine here.
    Helen

Comment

Thank you, Helen.

I'm afraid it's still present in my case.
      I even rebooted my PC and reset my DSL modem. LOL. That's abit extreme but I wanted to be really sure.

Here's another screenshot. You can see that the mkts that are open right now (Eminis and Dax) are updating till 8:05 am EST but the Eurostoxx50 (ET M4-DT) isn't! It's stuck at 6:35am... the time I started eSignal after the reboot!

Just to be sure... I forced a manual refresh in the advanced chart and you can see the last traded px on the right margin is 2766 while the old quote remains at 2777.

Something weird is going on here. I've had this problem recently with the Eurostoxx50. It's not permanent but comes and goes. Right now... it doesn't want to budge.

Hope someone from eSignal can shed some light on this.

PS. Even the T&S for ET M4-DT dies off...

Thanks,
      Anson
      Attached Files
      Last edited by Anson; 05-06-2004, 05:11 AM.

Comment

Update... the problem disappeared after another of my restarts 2-3 hrs later. Still have no idea what the cause is. Will update this thread again if problem resurfaces.

Comment

Originally posted by Anson
          Thank you, Helen.

I'm afraid it's still present in my case.
          I even rebooted my PC and reset my DSL modem. LOL. That's abit extreme but I wanted to be really sure.

Here's another screenshot. You can see that the mkts that are open right now (Eminis and Dax) are updating till 8:05 am EST but the Eurostoxx50 (ET M4-DT) isn't! It's stuck at 6:35am... the time I started eSignal after the reboot!

Just to be sure... I forced a manual refresh in the advanced chart and you can see the last traded px on the right margin is 2766 while the old quote remains at 2777.

Something weird is going on here. I've had this problem recently with the Eurostoxx50. It's not permanent but comes and goes. Right now... it doesn't want to budge.

Hope someone from eSignal can shed some light on this.

PS. Even the T&S for ET M4-DT dies off...

Thanks,
          Anson
          Hi Anson,

Can you tell me if the script that you have on your chart with the swing count, showing the swing value itself and the number of bars that took to reach that swing value is a public script or is something that you make and is "private" ?

Thank you
          Regards
          Fernando

Comment

Originally posted by PTC Man
            Hi Anson,

Can you tell me if the script that you have on your chart with the swing count, showing the swing value itself and the number of bars that took to reach that swing value is a public script or is something that you make and is "private" ?

Thank you
            Regards
            Fernando
            Hi PTC Man,

You can try searching the forums for "Real time swings". I believe that is the name of the efs script created by one of the great scripters on this forum.

Comment

The problem has returned.
              Notice how the US eminis and Dax have last updated at 10:45 EST.
              But ET M4-DT (Eurostoxx50) has failed to update beyond 10:00 EST.

Can someone at eSignal please help me understand this? This is a recurring problem which is simply beyond me.
              Attached Files

Comment

Hi Anson,

Could you please PM me your eSignal username so that we can check the backend for any issues that may be causing this? Thanks in advance.

Comment

Originally posted by DuaneG
                  Hi Anson,

Could you please PM me your eSignal username so that we can check the backend for any issues that may be causing this? Thanks in advance.
                  Update: The problem "disappeared" about 2 hrs ago after another manual "esignal restart".

Duane, PM sent.

Comment

I'm not sure if this is an eSignal issue or that I'm simply unaware of something else. So pls do let me know.

On 05/10/2004, my Eurex data (ET M4-DT and AX M4-DT) started only at 4am EST. They should start normally start trading at 3am EST.!

Was this normal or is this another part of the problem I'm having??

Comment

Anson
                      Eurex was having problems with their feed
                      Alex

Comment

Originally posted by Alexis C. Montenegro
                        Anson
                        Eurex was having problems with their feed
                        Alex
                        Any chance eSignal could give us the first hour data then? I would like to manually edit it into my files.

(PS. Thanks Alex)

Regards,
                        Anson
                        Last edited by Anson; 05-11-2004, 05:01 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Anson
                          Any chance eSignal could give us the first hour data then? I would like to manually edit it into my files.

(PS. Thanks Alex)

Regards,
                          Anson
                          There are no data: There was no trading.

Eurex did not have problems with their feed; Their computers were down, and there was no trading.

regards

Bernd Kuerbs

Comment

Originally posted by BKuerbs
                            There are no data: There was no trading.

Eurex did not have problems with their feed; Their computers were down, and there was no trading.

regards

Bernd Kuerbs
                            Thanks BKuerbs.
                            Didn't know that.

Anson

Comment

Working...
                            X