Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sector/Industry groups

Hello:
    With E-Signal realtime, for all USA markets how can stock data be (automatically) setup and presorted into their correct Sector/Industry Group folders?

Thank you
    DC

Dclark,

There isn't an automatic way to do this within eSignal. It can be done, but it will take some time to build each individual sector list.

What I did was start at the Industry Indexes list in the Traders Toolbox. From here, I went through the individual sectors and copied the information over to Notepad. Once the information was copied into Notepad, I edited the list to only show the symbols that make up that particular index.

Once this .txt file was saved under a unique name, I imported it into eSignal via the Dynamic Quote File. Here are a few images that may help with this process.

It takes some work, but it can be accomplished. Hope this helps.

Comment

I've always wanted to see this in eSignal. Since it wasn't easy to work with I use a TC2000 EOD to find out which Industry Groups are "hot". Worden Bros uses the Media General Industry Groups which are about as good as any other. If memory serves me right the MG indexes are made up of 31 major groups broken down into 192 subgroups. Would be real nice to see eSignal add those.

Comment

Working...
      X