Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Daily High / Low Alerts

Hi Alex,

In our recent discussion you mentioned Daily High/Low alerts, which I've never looked at before. I opened a daily high alert for symc, and a regular looking alert window opened, except that it showed yesterday's (Friday's) high - slick. I then had to input an alert value.

I then opened an Alert window and selected 'Global > Daily High'. I was reluctant to then click 'Add' - would it have added daily high alerts to every symbol in every quote list I have open? In that case, would it have automatically input the daily high price?

I couldn't find a way to input daily high alerts 'globally' for one quote list only - is that possible?

As today is Saturday, the high value shown for SYMC was Friday's high-of-day. If I open this type of alert in the middle of a market day, will it show me the high so far of the current day? Similarly, would the global high alerts use the high of the current market day, and automatically set them?

I notice that an 'H' appears in the High column of my quote list, after setting the symc daily high alert. Presumably it will change color when triggered, same as a regular price alert?

Regards
    shaeffer

shaeffer
    I don't use alerts much but I will try to answer some of the questions as best I know them.

I then opened an Alert window and selected 'Global > Daily High'.... would it have added daily high alerts to every symbol in every quote list I have open?

Yes it would have added a Daily High alert for every symbol in the Layout.

In that case, would it have automatically input the daily high price?

My understanding is that it will automatically retrieve the Daily High/Low price(s) for all symbols in the Layout and set the alerts accordingly.
    As a matter of fact I do not believe it is required to input any values when applying Daily High/Low alerts even when using Individual alerts as those are inserted automatically.

If I open this type of alert in the middle of a market day, will it show me the high so far of the current day? Similarly, would the global high alerts use the high of the current market day, and automatically set them?

Again, in my understanding that is what happens.

I notice that an 'H' appears in the High column of my quote list, after setting the symc daily high alert. Presumably it will change color when triggered, same as a regular price alert?

If I recall correctly they behave in the same way.
    Alex

Comment

Originally posted by Alexis C. Montenegro
      shaeffer
      As a matter of fact I do not believe it is required to input any values when applying Daily High/Low alerts even when using Individual alerts as those are inserted automatically.
      Alex
      Hi Alex,
      I assumed a value had to be input, because a price input box appears for individual daily high alerts. But if no value is input and I just click OK, the daily high is automatically inserted (nice), so you are right.

Interesting.. if the high is automatically inserted, no 'H' appears in the High field of my quote list. But if I input any value, the 'H' does appear. Maybe that's intentional, so a global high alert doesn't flood the quote list with 'H's.

Looking forward to trying this out on Monday.

Regards
      shaeffer

Comment

shaeffer

Interesting.. if the high is automatically inserted, no 'H' appears in the High field of my quote list

That is correct. However if you double click the High cell it will open the Edit/Delete Alert window (same for Low)
        Alex

Comment

Working...
        X