Help - closed positions in .POR portfolio file hogging my symbol count

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help - closed positions in .POR portfolio file hogging my symbol count

I log my trades in a portfolio .POR file. At any given time, I may have a dozen "open" trades, and 100+ closed trades.

All trades in the .POR file, whether open or close, pull in the last price of the instrument, which adds the instrument to my symbol count.

This is desirable for the few open positions, so I can see my running P/L, but it is useless for the many closed trades.

Is there a way to turn this off? Only for the closed trades? For all trades? what is the solution?

Thanks

Bullman,

As you noticed, data, or more specifically, the last price is still being updated regardless if the position has been closed. With these updates, comes the deduction to the symbol count. Currently there isn't a way to turn this data off so that it does not count against the symbol limitation. The only way to reduce the impact to the symbol count is to clear the closed trades from the portfolio window. I think this on/off feature would be a great enhancement to the platform so I'll pass it over to the Product Development Team. If you have any other suggestions regarding increased functionality or enhancements with the portfolio window, you can email them directly to [email protected].

Comment

Working...
    X