EFS Useability improvements

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EFS Useability improvements

Overall, I think efs is great and really powerful. My gripe is with the editor and some of the handling of keyboard commands, mouse clicks and such. Here is a list I have compiled of issues with the handling of code entry / window management:

1) EFS windows not listed in Window menu
    2) EFS 'Find' dialog's right-most buttons occluded
    3) Editor actions inoperable when EFS window is 'popped out':
         a) Ctrl-S (to save)
         b) Ctrl-C, Ctrl-V, Ctrl-X actions
         c) Ctrl-Y, redo
         d) Delete key
    4) Cursor focus lost when editing and alt-tabbing away and back to editor window, or when Ctrl-Tab'ing between docked eSignal windows.
    5) 'Find-and-Replace' toolbar button inoperable. Also Ctrl-F, Ctrl-R, and F3 should be working shortcuts.
    6) Changing the background color of the editor window does not change the background color behind text (code).
    7) No option for word-wrap.
    8) Many of the code hints and autocompletion are missing in relation to the latest efs additions.
    9) Open efs window, 'pop it out', click open, you are prompted if you want to save the current study. Nothing has been typed into the window.
    10) When hitting 'Return' after typing a '{', I think efs should indent the next line.
    11) Adding a parameter to function main(), parameters do not appear in 'Edit Studies' dialog until study is removed and reapplied.

Enhancements:

1) Would also be nice to have a Ctrl-Tab for windows inside the main eSignal window that lets you switch between the two most recently used windows. E.g., I have five charts open and an EFS editor. I want to be able to 'shortcut key' between the chart I am working on and the editor whose indicator I am working on that pertains to that chart.
    2) A quicker way to select formulas for applying to the chart, removing, and reloading (especially).

atlas
    Last edited by atlas; 05-15-2004, 12:38 PM.

Hi Atlas,

Thank you for the comments. We are always looking to improve the usability of the software so your thoughts are in line with our goals of continued growth. I have sent this post over to the Product Development Team so they can see the requests first-hand. If there is anything else that comes to mind as far as usability or things that you see having a positive widespread effect, please feel free to email [email protected]. Thanks again.

Comment

Working...
    X