Un synchronized indicators

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Un synchronized indicators

When using two indicators in same pane, they are not synched to the same scale. This causes crossovers to be not stable. for example, CCI20 and CCI 40 in same pane are unsynched.
    What is solution?

venture99
    Assuming the studies have similar scales in the first place (as in the example you provide) go to Edit Studies, select the study you have overlayed and set the Scale to No Display/Scale Right
    That should align the scales
    Alex

Comment

Hi Venture,

To add to Alexis post, here is a visual of the CCI scaling preferences that should be changed.

Unscaled

Scaled

Comment

Thanks eSig. That worked.
        Please accept your next challenge.
        Make tick chart price data and renko studies using tick data or volume data stay synchronized and updated with the indicators.
        This seems like something that a user should never have to request, yet this request has been submitted by many users over many versions. It is very hard to believe that your development team has determined that this issue is unimportant.
        You advertise that you have tick and volume charts and indicators.
        I guess since you never state that they will work together, that there is no need for the capability.

Comment

Well I spoke too soon. the two CCI indicators (merged onto one pane) still do not work as expected when using your scaling fix.
          To be specific, They are synched in the time scale (peaks and valleys occur on same bar), but not in amplitude. For example, if they cross over at a specific bar, then I slide the image right or left in time, the crossover changes to some other time (bar). I can't see how that can be valid. They must always cross at same bar.

Comment

venture99
            Appears to be working fine here.
            In the following images the crossover between the two CCIs is marked by a black vertical line and scrolling the chart does not change the crossover point even though the scale of the indicator pane has changed
            Also notice that the horizontal lines are perfectly overlayed in both images
            Alex

Comment

Try as I can, My dual CCI chart example is not even close to displaying the correct values. I have discovered that on daily bars they do display as you demonstrated. But on three minute bars and tick bars the display does not coincide with the actual indicator values (as the display is moved), even when I follow your instructions about noscale, etc.
              I would like to send you a picture, but that is not yet in my grasp.
              I am not bringing this up to find a bug. I use this capability, hopefully.
              Regards

Comment

We were able to isolate and fix the problem with EFS tick charts drifting over time. I can't recall the specifics but when we release 7.7, hopefully the problem you describe will be resolved as well. Sure sounds like it should be. 7.7 should be released later this month.

If you want to try it out, you're welcome to jump over to the 7 Series Beta forum and test out the current beta.

Thanks.

Comment

Scott, Thanks for try.
                  Unfortunately, is not fixed in Build 646. Usig a 5min YM chart.
                  Place two CCI's of different length in one pane by using ShiftKey Move. I had clicked Noscale on the second CCi. The display does not match the true numerical values as the window is scrolled. The problem seems to be the scale, If one CCI is say near 100, and the other is near zero, then the right hand scale shifts, but one of the CCI's is then incorrectly drawn. Please try to fix this
                  Regards

Comment

venture99
                    The following two images were taken in sequence while clicking and dragging ie without releasing the mouse button so as to keep the vertical and horizontal cursors locked in place.

As you can see despite the fact that the scale of the indicator window has changed the overlayed CCIs have maintained perfect synchronization. This was done using build 636a and on 646 the behavior is exactly the same.

To replicate this try the following.
                    On a new chart create two CCI, one of length 5 and one of length 50. Color the plot of Length 5 in red

Now while keeping the Shift key pressed click and drag the red CCI on the blue CCI to merge them. They will appear unsynced (this is made obvious by the 100 and -100 bands not overlapping exactly)

Now right click the indicator window and select Edit Studies. The dialog box should display the parameters for the blue CCI. Select instead the red CCI from the dropdown list.
                    The dialog box should look as follows. Notice that the selected radio buttons are Display Right and No Scale

Click first on the Scale Right radio button then on the No Display. They should now appear as in the following image

Click OK and the result should be synchronized CCIs as shown in the next image by the perfectly overlayed 100 and -100 bands.

As I said above the two plots are already synced correctly in build 636a and in build 646 the behavior is the same.
                    Alex

Comment

Alex ,
                      By MAGIC, yes it works as prescribed.
                      The error in my way was the ("Scale Right - No Display") button settings. I had used (No scale-No Display) for the second indicator. It is good, it does not matter which indicator is which, just as long as the buttons are set your prescribed way.

Thanks very much for the tutorial, pure perfection.
                      Regards, Venture

Comment

Venture
                        Thank you for the compliment.
                        More importantly glad to hear you have everything working properly
                        Alex

Comment

Working...
                        X