Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Follow-up to 'Useability Improvements'

Just wanted to add a few more items concerning window handling in general:

1) After returning a 'popped-out' window to the main eSignal window, it is not listed in the window menu.
    2) Sizes are not remembered when 'popping-out' and redocking floating windows.
    3) Cannot seem to apply a new study (from Formulas folder) or remove an existing study from a popped-out window.

Thank you,

atlas
    Last edited by atlas; 05-15-2004, 01:15 PM.

Hi Atlas,

I was able to replicate the behavior you noted of not having a popped out window being recognized in the Windows menu in eSignal. I believe the Engineering staff is currently addressing this.

In regards to adding/removing a study from the Formulas folder, I did not see an issue with the functionality here. If you could provide the steps in which this did not work for you, it would help in isolating any potential issues.

In regards to having the window re-sized when it is brought back into the confines of eSignal, I see that if the window is resized while in "floating" mode, and dragged back into eSignal, the size is remembered. If the re-sized window is re-docked with the "Redock Floating Windows" command, the size reverts back to the pre-floated size. Thanks.

Comment

Hi Atlas,

I was able to replicate the behavior you noted of not having a popped out window being recognized in the Windows menu in eSignal. I believe the Engineering staff is currently addressing this.

In regards to adding/removing a study from the Formulas folder, I did not see an issue with the functionality here. If you could provide the steps in which this did not work for you, it would help in isolating any potential issues.

Open a new Advanced chart, 'pop' it out, open another advanced chart, leave in main eSignal window. Change the
      window linking color to green on the external window (my default style has it initially set to none). Also change it on the docked advanced chart. Change the symbol on the docked window. Go to external window, right-click to apply formula. You will not be able to apply a formula from the 'Formulas' folder, nor if it was already applied in the style, will you be able to reload it. In addition, you may apply a Basic study, but then you will not be able to remove it.

In regards to having the window re-sized when it is brought back into the confines of eSignal, I see that if the window is resized while in "floating" mode, and dragged back into eSignal, the size is remembered. If the re-sized window is re-docked with the "Redock Floating Windows" command, the size reverts back to the pre-floated size. Thanks.

Open a new advanced chart, 'pop' it out. Resize it to 1/4 screen size. Redock it (while windows inside main eSignal window are not maximized), it will become giant size. Size only appears to be retained when the window is 'popped out'.

thanks,

atlas
      Last edited by atlas; 05-17-2004, 05:29 PM.

Comment

Forgot to add:

4) Whenever you click the 'X' to close the eSignal Strategy Analyzer window, the main eSignal window is minimized.

Comment

Hi Atlas,

I was able to duplicate that one quickly. Kind of an unusual bug, but regardless, I'll pass it along to the Engineering department and see what we can do to get it remedied. Thanks for the heads up.

Comment

Working...
          X