Advanced Chart Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advanced Chart Question

How do I change the view on an advanced chart so that more of the chart appears on the screen? In other words, when I look at a 6 month chart I want to be able to see the entire period without scrolling. I'm assuming this is possible but I have not been able to find the answer through HELP or on the boards.

Thanks.

mendy5
    Click the Decrease Bar Spacing icon that is in the Advanced Chart Toolbar (looks like two arrowheads pointing inwards).
    Also you can achieve the same effect by placing the mouse on the Time scale at the bottom of the chart and clicking and dragging to the right
    Alex

Comment

Just what I was looking for. Thanks for the prompt reply.

Comment

Click and Drag

You can do 3 main things with your charts if you turn off your autmatic scaling features.

First a way to increase or decrease the viewing area is to click in the volume area of the chart below the line and near the date or month labels and drag in either direction. If you drag to the left you can 'zoom in' on the time period of interest. If you drag to the right you can 'zoom out' or widen the time period covered by the chart.

2nd, you can do the same with the price or volume areas of the chart.
        Click on the right side of the chart near the price labels and drag in either direction. Dragging up zooms in on a chart and dragging down zooms out. Click on the volume labels on the right side and you can do the same

finally, click in the center of the chart and you can drag the chart in any of four directions.

I hope this helps too!!!

Chip Atchison

Comment

Working...
        X