7.2 Crashes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 7.2 Crashes

I am having eSignal 7.1 that is running OK.

When I upgraded to 7.2 it runs ok for a minute and than crashes.
    I firstly only upgraded to 7.2 but after these crashes I uninstalled it, deleted all the keys in Registry (Win XP Pro) restarted 2 times and installed again. The story is the same.

I did it on 2 different computers one at a time and still the same.

It happens with a single chart of any stock or future.

When I uninstalled it and reinstalled 7.1 the 7.1 is running smootly with charts that contains many lines, many bars and systems.

My computer is PIII 1000, 512Mb, XP Pro and the other Athlon XP 1700, 256 Mb, XP Home.

Please help.

JR

John,

If it continues to happen you might try this:

close eSignal
    open the file /windows/winsig.ini

If there is no /windows folder, try /winnt/winsig.ini

You can open it with notepad

Look for a line that starts with Layout=

Remove it.

Now restart eSignal
    Matt Gundersen

Comment

As I said in my previous post, I did it on 2 different computer and that means with 2 different layouts.

The result was still the same.
      JR

Comment

Hi John,

Did you try the steps that Matt outlined below? Try that out and let us know how it worked.

Thanks,
        Andy

Comment

Sometime I am wondering if you people READ the messages???

I told you that I installed from scratch and also on 2 different computers.

When I mean from scratch I mean that all the registery entries and Winsig.ini and winros.ini were deleted.

So what it has to do with the layout?????

JR

And yes I tried that too.

Comment

John
            Irrespective of the fact that you may or may not have the statement Layout= in the winsig.ini, that statement would be inserted in the winsig.ini at installation ie when the winsig.ini is created.
            Hence the fact that you performed an install from scratch (after deleting all entries etc) OR that you installed it on two computers is not necessarily relevant.
            In the first case because it would be written ex novo by the install procedure and in the second because you would presumably be installing from the same installer package hence replicating the same conditions on both computers.
            Alex
            Last edited by ACM; 02-19-2003, 05:06 AM.

Comment

Working...
            X