Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Efs 2.0?

Hi
    I have not been on the board in a while. Do we have any update on when EFS 2.0 will be released? Also I have a few ideas, that access different time frames,(ie. weekly, daily, 60 and 15). Is this possible in the current efs? I though I read somewhere that it was not.

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated,
    chris

Or rather it was limited to only 2 references from different time frames.

Thank you,
    chris

Comment

Hi,

AFAIK EFS2 is still in development with no fixed date. someone from eSignal may be able to give you a better/official update on this.

As for multi-timeframe in EFS1, it is possible but not easy. You need to write one EFS for each timeframe (you could do it in a single EFS, but you would still need to execute that EFS once for each timeframe) and will need to either use files (if you want to be able to backtest as well as run in RT) or Universal Global variables (for RT use only) to allow the multiple EFS's to communicate.

If you have experience programming this isn't a big deal, but time consuming. If you aren't experienced, I would expect you would have some difficulty in doing this.

Garth
      Garth

Comment

Thanks Garth.

Comment

Hi Chris,

EFS 2 is still being developed. I haven't had any recent updates as to what version of eSignal it will be included with, but as we have information to share, we will definitely pass it along. Thanks.

Comment

Thank you for your reply Duane. For the current EFS is there a limit to the number of time frames I can reference? Say I want to have a monthly, weekly and then maybe a shorter timeframe like 30 minutes, all with data pulled and used on a 60 minute chart. Assuming my computer is powerful enough, will that work?

Thank you,
            chris

Comment

Chris,

Fot the methods I posted previously, there is no real limit to the number of timeframes, but the more you do the more complex the system will be to code (obviously).

It is impossible to say if your computer is powerfull enough without knowing the details of the system.

Garth
              Garth

Comment

Thank you Garth and Duane, your posts have really helped me out.

chris

Comment

Hi Chris,

For future reference, you can click here to get the system requirements needed to run eSignal efficiently. Hope this helps.

Comment

Working...
                  X