Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

can anyone volunteer code for closing out at all trades at the end of the day, i'm a

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• can anyone volunteer code for closing out at all trades at the end of the day, i'm a

new user and can't seem to work with the time properly. just need to see a sample of it's use and i should be fine.

asherisaac
    Here is an example. This will close all open trades if a bar has a timestamp >=1600. It will use the Close of the bar prior to the cutoff time as the closing price
    Alex

PHP Code:
    if((getHour()*100)+getMinute()>=1600){
            if(
    Strategy.isLong()==true){

Strategy.doSell("Closeout Long(s)",Strategy.STOP,Strategy.THISBAR,Strategy.ALL,close(-1));
            }
            if(
    Strategy.isShort()==true){

Strategy.doCover("Closeout Short(s)",Strategy.STOP,Strategy.THISBAR,Strategy.ALL,close(-1));
            }
        } 

Comment

thanks a lot!

Comment

asherisaac
        You may want to add another condition in case you do not have a bar with a time stamp >= [your time]. This could happen due to the Time Template used or on a short day or with thinly traded products.
        Below is the revised condition which also checks for a change of date
        Alex

PHP Code:
        if((getHour()*100)+getMinute()>=1600||getDay()!=getDay(-1)){
                if(
        Strategy.isLong()==true){

Strategy.doSell("Closeout Long(s)",Strategy.STOP,Strategy.THISBAR,Strategy.ALL,close(-1));
                }
                if(
        Strategy.isShort()==true){

Strategy.doCover("Closeout Short(s)",Strategy.STOP,Strategy.THISBAR,Strategy.ALL,close(-1));
                }
            } 

Comment

Working...
        X