Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help

Is it possible to display more than one layout simultaneously ? The software allow me to display just one layout at a time.

Can I set Alerts on Elliott Wave studies ? ( ex. Alert when the 3 wave begins ).

Esignal does not show the italian index graph ( MIB 30 ) and its relative future graph ( FIB 30 and Mini FIb ) even if I discover it does for CAC 40 (French Index) and DAX (German Index): Is that correct ? Why ?

Does the software consider automated trading ?

Are there built in strategies I can test before trading ? i f yes what are the steps I need to follow ?

I would like to thank all the the people that are helping me in answering all my stupid questions.

Thanks.

Nicola from italy

A lay-out is whole set of graphs, quote screens etcetera. It is possible to show only one lay-out, since it covers everything you see in eSignal.

However, you can start a second instance of eSignal. You will then have two program windows. You can determine per window which lay-out to show.

Elliott wave alerts I don't know.

Italian Stock Exchange: you'll need to subscribe to market data specifically. Please go to
    www.esignal.com/support and go to 'account maintenance'. Log in and you can see what services you are subscribed to. Go to 'add/cancel product services' and check which market data you are subscribed to.

Automated trading need to be programmed, but is possible. Check: http://www.esignalcentral.com/traini...l/pdf/Ch19.pdf

Built in strategy: check website / support (backtesting): http://www.esignalcentral.com/traini...ng/default.asp

Good luck,

Edo.

Comment

Nicola

Is it possible to display more than one layout simultaneously ?

No you can have one open Layout at a time.

Can I set Alerts on Elliott Wave studies ? ( ex. Alert when the 3 wave begins )

According to Matt Gundersen, alerts on Get tools are in the works and functioning with some early beta versions of 7.3, but these are not yet released.

Esignal does not show the italian index graph ( MIB 30 ) and its relative future graph ( FIB 30 and Mini FIb ) even if I discover it does for CAC 40 (French Index) and DAX (German Index): Is that correct ? Why ?

MIB 30 symbol is $G930-MIL
      MIBTEL is $G999-MIL
      FIB 30 and MiniFIB and other derivates from IDEM are not yet available, but according to eSignal these will be added at some point in the future.

Does the software consider automated trading ?

Yes through broker plug-ins. You may want to to a search in the forums at eSignalCentral for "automated trading". There are quite a number of threads on this topic.
      To create a search just click on Search in the Menu of the forum.

Are there built in strategies I can test before trading ? i f yes what are the steps I need to follow ?

If you right click a chart then select Formulas then Backtesting you should see a few examples of backtesting scripts. Use the Editor to see how they are programmed and how they are intended to work.

To run a Backtest right click on the chart with the data you want to backtest on then select Tools->Backtesting.
      More information on backtesting is available at eSignalCentral->Support->Technical Support in the Main Menu of the page of this forum

Hope this helps

Alex
      Last edited by ACM; 02-18-2003, 06:49 AM.

Comment

Working...
      X