Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Historical data not adjusting for splits?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Historical data not adjusting for splits?

Is esignal having a problem not adjusting for splits or is this the way it has always been and I just haven't noticed it?

For instance: ATVI had a 3/2 split on 3/16. RIMM had a split a couple days back. In both cases the historical data hasn't been adjusted to reflect the split.

I should clarify: it's the intraday data that's not reflecting the splits. The daily data adjusts ok.

Thanks,
    Derek
    Last edited by derekg; 06-08-2004, 10:51 AM.

Hi Derek,

If you could specify if you are referring to daily or intraday data, it would help in determining the appropriate response. If you are looking at intraday data, you may want to read through the following FAQ regarding how stock splits are currently handled. Thanks.

Comment

The FAQ isn't saying whether it's intraday or daily data that will be adjusted if we use the bad tick reporter.

Yes, it's the intraday data on these two stocks that's problematic.

A separate question - I've never been able to submit a response via email even though I get mail messages from the board saying it's possible. Is there a trick to this?

Thanks

Comment

Hi Derek,

At this point in time, we can only make split adjustments to data on daily and higher time intervals. We are working to be able to split intraday data in the near future although I don't have an ETA for when that is likely to occur. If you do see a split that is not evident or incorrect on a daily chart, you can use the tick reporter to have it corrected.

In regards to replying to a post via email, the system is set up to accept these types of responses. Are you receiving any messages or prompts that the reply has not been accepted? Please let me know. Thanks.

Comment

No bounced messages. Just never posts. I leave the original message intact, just reply to the message with my response above it. If I'm doing something incorrectly, please let me know. I don't know if this affects it, but when I do reply, it does put the > symbols in the original message like the following:

>
          > reply
          >
          >

Comment

Derek
            Are you sending the replies from the same email account you used when you first signed on the board?
            To verify that go to USER CP->Edit Profile.
            Alex

Comment

Yep. In fact I figure I'd have to so I could reply to the message.

Comment

Working...
              X