Annoying autoscaling of Adv Charts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Annoying autoscaling of Adv Charts

I've tried but can't seem to prevent the automatic vertical scaling of advanced charts. What I mean by this is the chart data will at one point show a range of, say $5.00 from top to bottom of a stock price. As you scroll back, the vertical scaling may adjust to a $3.00 range or widen to a range of $10.

I'm not a fan of this as it distorts the data. What was a $.50 move in a stock now looks like a $.25 move because the vertical scaling readjusts and I'm not seeing an accurate historical picture of the price action.

I tried turning off the "scale right" setting for the stock symbol, but two problems happen. First, the chart data no longer reflects the price on the right. The stock data no longer corresponds to the price levels listed on the right. Second, as soon as I load up another symbol it usually defaults back to the "scale right" mode and the same problems.

Isn't it possible to simply create a stock chart with a $5.00 range from top to bottom without the range readjusting itself? I don't mind scrolling through the data as it travels from $40-45 to $45-50. I just don't want the vertical range to keep readjusting.

Thanks in advance for any help.

You can turn off the autoscaling. Right-click on the chart. Select Scaling, then Auto Scale.

With autoscaling off it will not track the price. You may find that the chart is off screen.

Yes, that is annoying. I sent a suggestion to eSignal several months ago that they provide another option. One where the scale is fixed, but it still tracks the price. Perhaps if others also sent a suggestion they might move it up as a priority.

Comment

Working...
    X