Email Alerts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Email Alerts

I need help with email alerts. I believe my problem is that my outgoing email server requires authentication. When configuring my email application (outlook), it requires outgoing authentication. Could this be the reason that I can not get email alerts to work?
    Thanks

eyurcisin
    That is very likely the reason.
    Having said that you may want to see the solution proposed by arvane in this thread
    Alex

Comment

Eyurcisin,

We have seen this issue more and more as most ISP's are now requiring authentication on the SMTP side of the mail delivery. You may want to check with your ISP to help make sure that your email client is set up properly to receive these types of alerts. You may also want to review the following FAQ to help isolate any bottlenecks in the process.

Comment

I have outlook express running and it is able to send messages out. However Esignal email alerts does not work. Any ideas on how to get this working.

Comment

kundur
          You may want to see this article in the eSignal KnowledgeBase
          Alex

Comment

Alex,

Thanks for responding to my email.

Already I have tried the instructions at the link you pointed. No luck.

The SMTP server I use needs authentication for sending mail out. I have configured the outlook express properly and it is able to send emails out properly.

However eSignal is having trouble to send email alerts. Esignal documentation says that the email client program (i.e., outlook express has to be running). My e,ail client was running and still eSignal could not send any alert. I did not even see any indications that it tried to send email alert.

I wonder why eSignal can't add two more fields (for authentication) in their email alerts configuration setup menu.

Any suggestions on getting the email alerts are highly appreciated.

Thanks

Kundur

Comment

Kundur
              On the issue of authentication if you are using win2k or winXP you may want to see the solution that was provided by another user (the link to that thread is contained in the eSignal KB article I pointed out in my prior reply).
              Also make sure your alerts are actually being triggered.
              Alex

Comment

Working...
              X