tick replay no data visual

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tick replay no data visual

The tick replay feature hasn't worked since I installed esignal a week ago. I had version 7.6 I downloaded 7.7 today. When I load the file and press play the indicators react ike there receiving data (the loading indicator message goes away) But nothing is charted within the chart window.

I tried reentering the $playback in the symbol change while it was playing to kick start it but was met with no success. If anyone could help it would be most appreciated.

Steve

Steve
    What interval are you charting in Tick Replay?
    Does the data file you downloaded start before the times set in the Time Template used in the chart?
    Alex

Comment

I use 1000v, 5min, 75t, D.
      I never noticed if it did or didnt since I have it deactivated but just checked and no data is showing up in the time template.

Comment

Some times people think replay isnt working, but if you hit the Jump button a couple times the bars will show up.

also, 5min is not a valid time, just use 5

Comment

Steve
          Also daily or higher intervals do not work in Tick Replay
          Alex

Comment

Ya I don't actually put me min in for the chart time. It doesn't work on any configuration (333t, 2, 210t). I tried the jump forward thing didn't work, I jumped until it said there was no more data to feed.

Comment

You may want to make sure that you are autoranginging price. While not likely, maybe your price is fixed and you are not seeing the price bars.

Another thing to check is your downloaded file. You can open it in a test editor. It will be very large and look something like this snippet where I had downloaded ES #F tick data

PHP Code:
              Symbol=ES #F
              Date=07/01/04-07/05/04
              T
              T,040701,060007,1142.5,1,    
              T,040701,060007,1142.5,1,    
              Q,040701,060007,1142.25,1142.5,51,6,    , 

Comment

I just checked the file, it looks allright tons of data.

Comment

Well an update Ive been playing around with it on other computer with differant hardware specs and have the same problems. It must be either the platform or the subscription. Can the subscription have an effect on the ticker replay feature? (besides in what data is availible).

Comment

Steve
                    Are you by any chance trying to plot Forex symbols in Tick Replay?
                    If that is the case then as far as I know that will not work as Tick Replay does not plot Bid or Ask and eSignal uses the Bid for Forex.
                    Alex

Comment

Here is an efs, please start playback mode, let it run for ~30 bars, pause it, then load this efs I have attached. Press play and let it run for another 10 bars, then pause it again. There should be a button on the screen that you can press to display a text file. Click that button with your mouse. it will open a text file. Please post the first ~ 20 lines of the text file. This may provide us a clue as to what is going on with your setup.
                      Attached Files
                      Last edited by Guest; 07-10-2004, 01:41 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X