Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• some questions

Hi, again some generic questions:
    • Is there a way to know what market data are available or do I need to contact my broker?
    • When I open an intraday chart (for example miniNasdaq future) I get it updated to the last minute but then it does not go ahead in updating and remains still, what am I probably doing wrong?
    • coming back to first question, are there different feed backs querying for symbols with no or partial appliance?
    • what would you indicate as e-signal to be best for? Charting, studies, authomatic trades or what else?

Thanks for the moment, certainly I'll come back for more info and probably to better explain some of the above points

Smodato

Hi smodato,

Is there a way to know what market data are available or do I need to contact my broker?
    In regards to your questions; I've included a link to our Symbol Guide where you can review what stocks and other instruments we carry. You may want to check with your broker, as while we carry a significant database of financial instruments, your broker may not have access to the ones you wish to trade.

When I open an intraday chart (for example miniNasdaq future) I get it updated to the last minute but then it does not go ahead in updating and remains still, what am I probably doing wrong?
    As far as the NASDAQ emini symbol not updating the data as you mentioned, there are a couple of things worth checking. First, the time template that you have applied to your advanced chart needs to be set in such a way that the time is not cutting of any data that may be updating. You also may want to check the symboligy to make sure you are using the appropriate symbol. Try using NQ #F. This is the symbol for the continuous contract of the NASDAQ emini futures.

coming back to first question, are there different feed backs querying for symbols with no or partial appliance
    Not sure what you mean with this question. If you could clarify what you are looking for, it will help developing an answer for you.

what would you indicate as e-signal to be best for? Charting, studies, automatic trades or what else?
    All of the above AND reliability

Comment

Originally posted by DuaneG

Not sure what you mean with this question. If you could clarify what you are looking for, it will help developing an answer for you.

Thanks for your answers, what I intended is that, if I put some symbols in a quote window I may see the quotes in case those symbols data feed is supported by my broker, or other indications such as "no data" or "n/a" or I don't know what else. i wonder whether there is a legenda indicating the possible output to know if there is a mistake or simply I'm not allowed to get those data.

Thanks again, bye
      Smodato

Comment

As far as the NASDAQ emini symbol not updating the data as you mentioned, there are a couple of things worth checking. First, the time template that you have applied to your advanced chart needs to be set in such a way that the time is not cutting of any data that may be updating. You also may want to check the symboligy to make sure you are using the appropriate symbol. Try using NQ #F. This is the symbol for the continuous contract of the NASDAQ emini futures.
        Actually I tried with different symbols which I found as default (dow jones industrial index for example, and only later tried to add NQ U4 if I remember well, the chart loaded correctly but then no move. I'm not sure what you intend about the time template time cutting, I tried with different time frames, form 1 minute to 30 through 5 minutes but the result was the same, could it be possible there is a probelm in the data feed or similar?

Thanks
        Smodato

Comment

Hi smodato,

Thanks for your answers, what I intended is that, if I put some symbols in a quote window I may see the quotes in case those symbols data feed is supported by my broker, or other indications such as "no data" or "n/a" or I don't know what else. i wonder whether there is a legenda indicating the possible output to know if there is a mistake or simply I'm not allowed to get those data.
          It actually could be a couple of different issues. If the symbol format is not entered properly, it could generate the "No Data" message. If you are entering a symbol from an exchange to which you are not subscribed, then the message will read "No Ent"

Please let me know which symbols you are entering so we can take a look at the format to make sure it is formatted correctly.

Comment

Hi smodato,

Please let me know which symbols you are entering so we can take a look at the format to make sure it is formatted correctly.
            Thanks for the reply, I found some "default" quote windows in the page that loads when opening the software, I always get "no data" both for index and stocks, pls note that I write and trade from Italy
            $INDU no data
            $TRAN no data
            $UTIL no data
            $SPX no data

IBM no data
            FDC no data
            IDC no data
            DELL no data

these are some examples I copied and paste here.

Bye

Smodato

Comment

Working...
            X