Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quote Window functionality question

Hi:
    I have been working with the Quote Window and I have a question on columns. What I would like to do is split the Quote window so that I can do a second grouping of Stocks.
    By this I mean here are my current column headings:
    Symbol, T,Last Change, Open
    I am wondering how to create:
    Symbol, T, Change, Open;Symbol, T Change Open; Symbol, T, ...
    Or
    1,2,3,4 1,2,3,4 1,2,3,4
    Issues Issues Issues

Also, I am using the # Separator function to create S&P subcategories...
    Banking
    Brokers
    Computers

So, ultimately I want it to look like this:
    Banking Computers conglomerates
    Brokers Semi's Consumer
    Financials Home Builders Oil Services

Thanks,
    Harndog

Harndog
    Right click on a row that contains a symbol, then select Edit->Insert Heading (or click on an empty row and in the main menu select Edit->Insert Heading). A dialog box will open with several pre-arranged Headings. Select any one of them and it will insert a new Heading row that allows you to organize the rows that follow it in a different way than those that precede it (see image). You can then rearrange the individual Headings in any which way you want.
    Alex

Comment

Hi Harndog,

You may want to try using the Summary Window rather than the Quote window for this type of function.

To open a new Summary Window, choose "File"----->"New"------>Summary Window". This should accomplish what you are looking to do. Hope this helps.

Comment

Summary Window

Alex & Duane:
        Thank you for responding & the Summary window is almost what I am looking for... I need the page up and page down feature of the Quote Window on the Summary Window. The summary window does not have the functionality of the Quote Window because it does not have the Page up/down feature...
        As is typically the case...I want the Summary Window and the best of the scrolling features of the Quote Window.

Can this feature be added?

Harndog

Comment

Hi Harndog,

I'll definitely pass the idea over to the Product Development Team for consideration. I'll also include the link to this thread so they can read the request first hand. If you have any specific thoughts or other ideas about this, you can email them directly at [email protected]. Thanks again.

Comment

Working...
          X