Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any way to jump way back in historical data?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any way to jump way back in historical data?

Is there any way to quickly move a chart way back in time? For example, what if I want to look at a 5 minute chart from 6 months ago.

The only way I've found is to scroll all the way back using mouse movements, which would take me all day on a 5 min chart. There must be an easier way that just haven't found yet. Yes?

Blatwurst
    Use the right/left scroll keys while keeping the Ctrl key pressed.
    That will accelerate the scrolling process
    Alex

Comment

yes, depress the Ctrl key and use the arrow keys to move left or right, watch out though when you get all the way to the beginning, it will start loading more data (unless you are using a Time Template that loads a fixed number of bars/days )
      Last edited by ; 07-22-2004, 03:19 PM.

Comment

OK, the CTRL key helps quite a bit (thanks for that!), but it's still fairly painful to go back through months of 5 min data. I was hoping there was a way to specify a date to jump back to.

Comment

Blatwurst
          Not at this time. You may want to send in your suggestion to [email protected]
          Alex

Comment

Blatwurst
            FYI eSignal 7.7 Release Candidate now includes a Go To Date command (available under Tools) that instantly takes you to a defined date and time (see image below).
            Alex

Comment

Now that is nice. Thanks for pointing this out Alex.

It also means I'm back a rev or two becuase I don't have it on the 7.7 I'm running.

Time to download the latest I guess.

Garth
              Garth

Comment

Working...
              X