LAN questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LAN questions

Is it possible to have quotetracker connected to esignal feed if on my other pc on my LAN? Or is it possible to have two instances of esignal.. one on each of my two computers on the lan?

I think probably the answer is no, but I thought I would ask anyway.. I am just having trouble trying to fit what I want on my best pc.. I have 2 monitors on that and 2 on my other pc and really need more screen space for esignal and QT and am finding now that I am hardly using the second pc as most of my progs are now on the main one

Hi Neil,

The eSignal Data Manager won't allow simultaneous log-in's to eSignal or any eSignal fed application. Here is an FAQ that outlines the specifics of why multiple log in's are not permitted. Hope this helps.

Comment

Thanks Duane.. I thought it might be something like that... only thing that occurred to be tho is that as it is an exchange issue.. would the problem not be solved by paying for two exchange fees? So long as it is a lan.. ie in the same location as my setup.. I would be happy to pay the exchange fees twice to be able to use esig across both my pc's

I would have more monitors on my main pc which would resolve it also but neither of my computers will accept more than 2 monitors.. video card limitations..

Comment

Hi Neil,

Your situation is not an uncommon one to most traders; how to make the most of the available screen space. Unfortunately doubling the exchange fees for second account access isn't an option. Every request that is made to our servers requires resources to fulfill those requests; both financial and in terms of hardware needed to do the job efficiently. The first workable solution to your situation would be perhaps a video card that supports additional monitors (>4). This is a much more cost-effective solution when compared to starting a second eSignal account.

If you have any questions about video cards, there are many in this community that have experience that can help you base a decision. Hope this helps.

Comment

Working...
        X