esignal & fxcm

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• esignal & fxcm

i'm trying to get my esignal to integrate w/ fxcm. i'm using esignal 7.6 and following the directions esignal has provided on the faq/knowledgebase site. here is the link of the directions i'm following:

http://www.esignal.com/map/fxcm/instructions.asp

i can't even get passed step 2. i've downloaded the following fxcm plugin at:

http://www.fxcorporate.com/eSig/winsigexinst.EXE

but when i try to run winsigexinst.EXE, my computer gives me an error message stating that it cannot find trade station.

Any ideas? Any help would be greatly appreciated. i'm running windows xp if that helps.

Hi,

I hadn't personally tried this installation but I did from my home PC this evening and I'm seeing the exact same thing. I'll report it to the Product Manager and we hopefully will be able to get back to you (on this thread) tomorrow with the solution.

Thanks.

Comment

Hello Charles,

You need version 7.5 to integrate with FXCM. You can find a link to the 7.5 installer in this thread.
      Jason K.
      Project Manager
      eSignal - an Interactive Data company

EFS KnowledgeBase
      JavaScript for EFS Video Series
      EFS Beginner Tutorial Series
      EFS Glossary
      Custom EFS Development Policy

New User Orientation

Comment

i tried it w/ 7.5 and i still get the same error saying that it cannot find trade station.

Comment

Error Message

Hi Charles,

Would you be able to post an image of the error message? We're trying to identify the source of this and having an image (in addition to the dialog's text) would help.

Thanks,

Brent
          eSignal Trading Integration Product Management

Comment

hi,

i was able to get it work but this was only after i tried it on another computer that had no prior installation of esignal on it. for some reason, there was something on that computer that was blocking it. but on the new computer, it did work when i just followed the directions. but for some reason, on the old computer, i got that trade station error. i uninstalled esignal through add/remove programs, but i think there is something there still. thanks for your help though. i'm fine w/ this other computer here.

Comment

how do i get a screenshot of the error?

Comment

Screen Shot

Hi Charles_Bronson,

You can create screen shots a couple of ways. In the Windows environment, the "print screen" button copies the entire monitor. Then you can paste, crop and save images (like dialog boxes).
                Alternatively, eSignal has a tool that creates images of specific windows.
                I'll forward those additional symptoms to the developers and post an update when they provide a prognosis.

Thank you again for reporting this,

Brent
                Integrated Trading Product Management

Comment

here is an image of my error
                  Attached Files

Comment

Hi Charles,

The attachment you enclosed looks to be a little fuzzy. If you can re-attach a clearer image, it will definitely help us work to figure out what is happening here. You may also want to read article # 1246 from the Knowledge Base. This is a good start for anyone interested in including images into the body of their postings.

Comment

Hi Charles,

Thank you for your subsequent posts which describe the symptoms in more depth. We've replicated them, and forwarded to our engineering staff.
                      I'll post their prognosis shortly.

Thank you again for your help.

Brent
                      eSignal Trading Integration Product Management

Comment

Working...
                      X