FutureSource Workstation 1.9 questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

comment on mikem44

i totally agree with mikem144. about not having to pay for workstation. as long as problem is not fixed fs workstation is a toy, worthy of amusement. not a tool for trading futures. might I suggest 1 50% discount for all users experiencing this problem, since the date of first using workstationm which for me was 11/01/04. Don't know date that mikem144 first started bringing issue to FS attention. For FS, just working on a problem means nothing to users. A result is the only thing that counts. RESULTS. We traders cannot rely upon woulda coulda shoulda, only results!!!

Comment

I starting posting about this issue on October 28. In my case in particular, I am a reference for one of the top futures trading methods in the country, and give out several recommendations per day regarding software. I have had to be honest with these people lately about my issues with Futuresource on this. I'm not sure what Futuresource might do in terms of full or partial reimbursement, but SOME type of accommodation from Futuresource would at least be a gesture of goodwill on their part, since I have recommended them in the past and would gladly do so again if they can resolve this issue.

Comment

reimbursement

I have to agree with the others. I've had to keep my subscription with eSignal for times in the day when FS chokes. I don't think I should have to pay for two charting services.

Comment

CPU starved

I've found the suggestion setting hibernate inactive pages to 1 min to be helpful.

Comment

what if i only use one page?

Comment

Release Candidate for 1.95 Performance Update

I've got a Release Candidate for a 1.95 Update that has Performance Improvements.

You can update if you would like to test it out early, its a Release Candidate, so its still going to go threw another few days of testing, before its officially qualified to be pushed out.

http://share.esignal.com/ContentRoot...swRC195181.exe
              Jim E.
              eSignal FutureSource

Workstation

Comment

The offical update has been posted, available via Help | "Check for Updates"
                Jim E.
                eSignal FutureSource

Workstation

Comment

v. 1.95.181 problem

I still have the same problem with CPU getting pegged during heavy volume.
                  this version doesn't appear to solve any of the problems of the last version! any suggestions are helpful!!
                  please someone from future source (Jim E) let me know. otherwise this will be my last month with future source.
                  thanks,

Comment

You shouldn't be seeing that. Can you send an email to [email protected], put attn: Jim E in subject.

Let me know specs of your machine, connection type, and attach workspace that your using when you see this. I can take a look, but really you shouldn't be seeing this.

I'll await your email.

--Jim
                    Jim E.
                    eSignal FutureSource

Workstation

Comment

CPU problem

zoerio123 is not the only one seeing this. This problem has been going on for months. The latest version has not helped.

I've had tech support references to this and have been rather active previously on this BB re this issue. I just don't understand why you guys can't figure it out.

Comment

v1.95.181

just to be clear,version, is 1.95.181.
                        I was using this version on 1/3, and 1/4. On both days in equity index futures, as erveryone knows, there was a lot of price action,
                        My CPU was pegged inumerable times on both of these days. I don't think it's my OS (Windows XP) or CPU (Pentium 4 1.4 MHZ) or RAM (512MB). I believe that it's within the coding of FS. I'm glad to change or upgrade any of my hard/soft ware if I can be assured that this were the problem. But as I've said previously, other similar programs to FS have never done this to my CPU. Again, for my sake anyway, if this problem is not fixed by end of Jan. 2005. I will try another system, probably CQG.
                        thanks for any input from others!

Comment

trendlines

it seems that the deletion of trendlines from charts greatly improves the performance of v 1.96.189. I eliminated all trendlines and didn't see any evidence of CPU pegging problem. HOWEVER, I don't know if this trendline problem applies to hibernating pages, or just active pages. It would be great if futuresource could test this and let users know.

SECOND HOWEVER, is that most of use trendlines extensively and it is cumbersome to delete them. In my case, I deleted any charts that had trendlines, monthly weekly daily etc.

THIRD HOWEVER, this probelm must be adressed by future source in its programming for workstation. To ask a futures trader to work w/ out trendlines is like asking a fighter in the ring to work with one hand tied behind his back!!
                          I hope this posting gives help to other users who have experienced CPU pegging problem and lets futuresource know that current program "avalanche" is still unsuitable!!!@

Comment

Working...
                          X