Recommendation for a T.I. rookie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recommendation for a T.I. rookie

Recently signed up with Traders Intl., and subscribed to FutureSource Xtra data service instead of Workstation. I just wondered if the Workstation subscripton was worth the extra $$ having the advantage(s) of stability (or other) issues. Thanks for any comments, very much appreciated!

I started out with FS Xtra, and switched to the Workstation to provide a more stable and reliable service. There are a few of us using the Workstation who are experiencing problems (see under separate thread in this forum). It seems that during high volume times (especially at the open, during news events, and other heavy volume times during the day) Workstation starts hogging CPU usage and the program either freezes up or slows down so that it is impossible to trade. Apparently Futuresource is aware of this problem, however, it is yet to be resolved. If you have any questions, I highly suggest you check back regularly with the forum on this issue.

Comment

Workstation problems

Thanks Mikem, hopefully the Xtra version problems will be resolved soon. Wondered, do you think the eSignal basic service would be a better alternative to either FutureSource products, as far as using Traders Intl. methodology only? I tried the 2mo. eSignal trial with the Advanced Get studies and really enjoyed the service, but not the price! Thanks again.

Comment

To be honest, I have found what I think is a pretty good alternative to Futuresource Workstation for the TI method. I use a data feed from E-signal, but I'm really not enthused by their charts for the TI method. First, their oscillators do not work well with all the markets I trade, specifically the Euro/USD futures. Secondly, I find their MACD to be very cumbersome and not very clear.

What I do use is E-signal's datafeed with another charting program. The cost for the two is about the same as just using Futuresource Workstation for the instruments I trade.

Comment

Working...
        X