FutureSource and Custom Indicators

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FutureSource and Custom Indicators

We (a small fund) are Esignal users from way back. We have been trialling FutureSource Workstation for nearly the whole 30 days of the trial and can see the benefits of it as we are now trading futures (and everything else) a lot more. As you can see from my previous postings we use longer-term Moving Averages on charts as a cornerstone of our analysis and it has helped our trading in a big way. FutureSource is impressive but is quite expensive and doesn't allow us to use 'our' indicators or any other form of custom indicator.

Are there any plans to implement this in the near future or something similar? The sales rep asked if I would like to recommend this to the development team but I thought I'd go to the source.

For the record we use month and week MAs on day charts using the Custom MA function in Esignal.

Thanks, Dave

Dave,

There are indeed plans to implement custom programming on Workstation. I am though unable to say when we can expect to see the new feature.

I suggest that you contact the developers directly at [email protected]. Please include an explanation of the MA you require, as under certain circumstances (i.e. if the indicator has been requested with urgency by many clients) it could be added to the next release of Workstation.

Comment

Elmar, thanks. We'll still probably get a copy for futures trading- it just has a lot of promise trading equities and other stuff too.

Comment

Working...
      X