Incorrect Volume on Intraday Charts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Incorrect Volume on Intraday Charts

Today Aug.20/07, MSFT 5 min charts volume added up to approx 11 million. The daily volume shows 49 million.
    Livecharts volume always seems to be wrong on intraday charts.
    Is this a known issue?
    If you export 5 min charts to ACSII format and add up the volume for today you will see this.
    15 min charts will show the same 11 million.
    So far in my experience this will be updated the following day once the market opens but this defeats the purpose of real-time data. Is there any way to get actual volume with livecharts or should I look into alternative vendors?
    Last edited by jjontheweb; 08-20-2007, 05:18 PM.

My 'real-time' data that I'm paying for is only 24hrs delayed. The volume actually updated to proper values at 10am Aug.21/07 for Aug.20/07 time period. Current Aug.21 data is coming through incorrect but I'm sure it will be updated by the 22nd at 10am.
    Maybe this is something livecharts wants to keep under wraps?
    I highly advise people not to trade based on livecharts data. It is incorrect. Maybe prices are to?
    Last edited by jjontheweb; 08-21-2007, 07:03 AM.

Comment

JJ,

The problem you are describing is a known issue with the incoming data feed into the servers that feed the current version of LiveCharts. This has been discussed previously on the QCharts forum, so that link should provide further insight into the matter.

Essentially, we are actively working on a "LiveCharts 2.0" that will bring some pretty exciting improvements to the product including changing LiveCharts' data source over to eSignal, which does not have this volume issue.
      Regards,
      Jay F.
      Product Manager

Comment

Thanks for the info. Good to know.
        Is there an ETA on livechats 2.0?

Comment

We're looking at sometime in the mid-fall of this year, but we may have a beta period coming up in the early fall for those that wish to get an early look (and give some early feedback.)
          Regards,
          Jay F.
          Product Manager

Comment

Is there any updated information available on the 2.0 Beta version? We are now into fall, and the problem only seems to be getting worse. I just looked at VTSI, which shows volume of 275,000 shares, when the true volume is almost 1.9 million!

On the other hand, connectivity issues seem to have been taken care of very nicely.

Thanks.

Comment

Thanks for checking in on our progress. The new LiveCharts applet is coming along very well, and we're very excited that we get to soon share all of our hard work. Some of the exciting new features will be:

- Data from the eSignal Network
              - International and Forex markets
              - More technical indicators; any number on a chart at a time!
              - New drawing tools
              - Easier to use and more powerful interface
              - And more!

New Option Components
              - Option Chains
              - Market Depth
              - Premium News Feeds
              - QuoTrek (Handheld Quotes/Charts/News)

We are on track for a fall release and are aiming for the end of this month. Keep in mind that these are just estimates and the actual release date may change.
              Regards,
              Jay F.
              Product Manager

Comment

Working...
              X