New Version and Vista

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Version and Vista

Since the Livecharts issues seem to be getting constantly worse (many symbols I am looking at today are only showing 20-25% of the actual volume, it is now incompatible with Firefox, and last price is often wrong), I was looking through the help section for information on the new version. I was glad to see that there was a date showing ... 11/15/07 ... but disappointed that it was still that far away. I was also disappointed to see that my price was going to double, but at least I have until April to see if the new system really offers me twice the value.

I found the place to test and make sure my system met the system requirements, and just for fun, I clicked on it. I was somewhat astounded to see that my system failed because I was running Vista ... it says that only Windows 2000 and Windows XP are supported. Is it true that the new version will not support the current Microsoft Operating System? I must admit that I had to laugh when I was given a link for a Microsoft site where I could downgrade! If this is indeed true, I need to be sure I have found an alternative before the transition is made, because I have no intention of downgrading my OS.

Thanks for the clarification!

The new version is compatible with Vista. We're running one of our test cases on that OS with both Firefox and IE7, and both are running well.

Regarding the Nov. 15th date, we are hoping to get a public beta rolling by that date, but the full release won't come until after the end of the year. As mentioned in a different post, we ran into some unanticipated hardware delays that will postpone the release. We will however opening the beta soon.

More info to come as we have it!
    Regards,
    Jay F.
    Product Manager

Comment

I have windows vista and sometimes the charts work and sometimes it does not. I have to reinstall the Java and then restart my PC to get it working.

Whenever I launch Livecharts, I get a blank page with a small red box in the top left corner. The problem is that LiveCharts is not loading the Java properly. All my other online java applications loads up fine so I think its' a problem with LiveCharts.

I did the compatibility test and it had a red button next to operating system, meaning windows vista is not compatible with Livecharts.

Do you have any suggestions?

Comment

I managed to sort it out & it works fine now.

It was a problem with my pop-up blocker. When the chart launches and gets blocked, there is an option saying to click on it to launch the chart manually. This is when it does not work. It only works when automatically launched.

Comment

Working...
        X