Session expired. Please login again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Session expired. Please login again

I started the new platform on Friday without any problem. The hotlists loaded properly. This morning I have the message that my session has expired....please login again. I have now logged-out and in several times and the hotlists have not restored.

Please let me know what to do about this issue.

TIA

Still waiting for help out here.

Comment

We're working on a fix for this, however in the interim an adjustment will need to be made in order for Hot Lists and Portfolios to work correctly.

The Hot Lists or portfolios not displaying is the result of a cookie (a small file) not being allowed to be set on your PC. Something is blocking that cookie from being downloaded from the server. This could be your browser or may even be some 3rd party security software.

Browser
      In order to verify your browser's security settings, please see the directions below.

Internet Explorer 7
      Click on Tools --> Internet Options and choose the Privacy tab. A privacy setting of Medium or lower will work fine. If you wish to use a higher setting, then you can add an exception under the Sites button.

Firefox 2.0
      Cookies need to be enabled and should allow them to be in place until they expire. If you do not wish to do this, then you can add an Exception for http://login.livecharts.com (select Allow).

3rd Party Security Software
      Many internet protection suites include privacy software to prevent web pages from setting cookies on your local hard drive. If you are running software such as Norton Internet Security, Zone Alarm or various other programs, then you will need to either disable this type of cookie prevention, or better yet, add an exception for http://login.livecharts.com

If you suspect that a 3rd party software package may be interfering, try temporarily disabling it, then close your browser and restart LiveCharts. If LiveCharts behaves as expected (Hot Lists and Portfolios load correctly,) then it is likely that that 3rd party software was preventing the LiveCharts cookies from being saved.

Please refer to your 3rd party software's documentation for further assistance in configuring exception lists.
      Regards,
      Jay F.
      Product Manager

Comment

The log-in link worked..........thankyou

Comment

charts won't load

Livecharts went down with the timeout message, now the program is not functional either in Internet Explorer or Firefox.
          There have been no changes to either of those browsers and no changes in cookies.
          Livecharts shows long lists of java related error messages when I try to log back in.

Comment

While looking through the hotlists today the error came up..........your session has expired. Please login again. I am logged-in using your log-in link from Monday and have not changed anything else on the platform. The charts are working properly.

Is this an item you are working on for the next release?

Comment

New day and the log-in link isn't working...........your session has expired. Please login again............I opened with that message and have not been able to successfully get hotlists.......charts and other data flow are working property.

Comment

Longstems,

We are testing a new version that works around the problem of a local system preventing the LiveCharts Session cookie from being set. We're expecting this to roll-out within 7-10 days.
                Regards,
                Jay F.
                Product Manager

Comment

Thankyou Jay - am looking forward to the fix.

Comment

Originally posted by JayF
                    The Hot Lists or portfolios not displaying is the result of a cookie (a small file) not being allowed to be set on your PC. Something is blocking that cookie from being downloaded from the server. This could be your browser or may even be some 3rd party security software.
                    Just FYI, Using IE I just opened it to accept all cookies, lowered security levels as far as possible, disabled the pop-up blocker, disabled Norton Protection, deleted all existing cookies, history, temporary files, and cache ... then I restarted IE, and immediately got the "session expired" message in the hot list. Portfolios are working fine. This is exactly what it was doing prior to making all the changes, and it is doing the same in Opera. For awhile this morning, the hot list was working, but only showing NYSE related lists. Then it started giving me errors about difficulty connecting with the server.

Turned Norton back on, tried one more time in Opera ... and it is working perfectly. All Hot Lists are available, and they update as they should. Recent experience tells me that it might keep working, and it might not ... and it might work next time I log in, and it might not. This would seem to indicate that perhaps the cookie setting problem, if that is indeed the fix, may not be on this end. Just a thought.

Comment

bcompere..............this is the same type of thing that happens to me..............sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't.........and really has little to do with how I handle things on my end.

Comment

Yesterday afternoon we began updating the LiveCharts servers with the new version that addresses the issues discussed on this forum. The current state is that we have half the servers upgraded on this new version and half are not. That is why you are seeing this work sometimes (when you're on the new version) and sometimes it doesn't (when you're on the older version.)

Starting in about 5 minutes (we wait until about 5:00pm, EST to perform server work), we'll be upgrading the remaining servers... tomorrow your LiveCharts experience should be much better.
                        Regards,
                        Jay F.
                        Product Manager

Comment

Working...
                        X