finally tried new LiveCharts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• finally tried new LiveCharts

I have been a subscriber to quote.com since 1995. Despite my online brokerages now providing similar information, traditional LiveCharts has been my tool of choice for realtime market activity. It starts up quickly, provides the information I am paying for without extra screen clutter, and runs very well most of the time. I use only the applet (removed from the web page) and customized it to my screen size with volume displayed at the bottom and recent bid/ask/trades in the right sub-window.

Due to the impending transition, I took the time to bring up the new LiveCharts and use it this week. One thing I learned right away is to USE THE LATEST JAVA JRE otherwise expect problems with Java errors and system hangs. There are a lot of interesting features (for instance, the ability to drag the time axis) but I still prefer the simplicity and streamlined operation of the former LiveCharts. The “pod” layout and all the new features that I’m sure some users have been requesting just detract from the operation of the features that I value in the product. I’m not sold on the new LiveCharts and would like to see the long-standing applet continue to be supported.

IF they could provide a simple way to set up say four real time charts, and go to them on one click it could be useful and I would continue to subscribe.

Maybe there is a way to do this.

I've asked a couple time. No Response.

Right now logging in and setting up is tedious.

We had 'hot links' on Quote.com the original.

Comment

I will suggest to the project managers the ability of saving pop out windows via the save session arrow at the top right of the application.

---

By closing out the portfolio and the news pods, the LiveCharts 2.0 applet would look like the legacy. You could save this arrangement via the save session arrow at the top right corner of the application.

Comment

Working...
      X