• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new breadthalizer symbols

What are the new breadthalizer symbols?

Can't find em?

bigtee

Currently the eSignal servers do not have the breathalizer symbols.

From what I understand, this is something that is on the project list, and has an ETA of around Q3

Comment

so this is something else missing from the "New" LiveCharts.

What are we supposed to do between now and Q3?

there is a lot of trading between now and then.

bigtee

Comment

some help for you...

bigtee,

I had the same problem, so I sent esignal an email asking for help. I finally did get a reply, and this is what I was informed:

Here are a couple of breadthilizer symbols for the NYSE:

$ADV......advancers
        $DECL.....decliners
        $ADD.......net result of (advancers - decliners)

I only use $ADD, and I know it works for sure on the new livecharts. The numbers were not an exact match with the old QC:ADVDEC symbol, (I did compare them) but are very close.

Hope this helps to some degree,
        brutis

Comment

Here's the symbol lookup for available eSignal Indices:
          http://kb.esignalcentral.com/article...ticle=2773&p=1

You may find some symbols that are similar to QCharts Breadthalizer statistics.
          Last edited by eSignal_ToddI; 04-18-2008, 12:21 PM.

Comment

Thank you. I am an eSignal subscriber as well and figured out quickly that the Advance Decline stuff was available in LiveCharts using the eSignal symbols.

The ones I'm really missing are the NYSE and NAZ New Highs and New Lows. I've been asking for those on eSignal for two years and its always " planned for a quarter or two out".

Symbols are like
            QC:YRHI.NY
            QC:YRLO.NY
            QC:YRHI.NQ
            QC:YRLO.NQ

Seems like this would be easy programming given that the eSignal "Detail" window flags when a new 52 week hi or low is made anyway. So there is a flag set somewhere for each equity. Just sum em up.

So if you all could do the programming, then we could have these in eSignal, LiveCharts, and QCharts.

bigtee

Comment

Hi Bigtee,

You are right when you say NYSE # of new highs/lows has been pending for sometime. We were planning to program for those when we purchased Quote.com and inherited all the breadthalyzer stats that covered those and then some. Now, we're doing the work to convert those breadthalyzer symbols to the eSignal network so all our products can take advantage of those stats.

Currently looking at July if all goes well. Then, you'll be able to get these stats in eSignal, LiveCharts, QC, QuoTrek, etc.

Thanks.

Comment

I was wondering if there would be any way to keep the breathalizer symbols up in the old format till you completed the switchover? Symbols like BAVD, TKVD, VAL@UPTK, VAL@DNTK, VOL@BID and VOL@ASK are absolutely necessary for my trading.

Comment

breadthalizer symbols

Scott,

Is ESignal still on schedule for releasing the breadthalizer symbols this month?

If not, what is the new ETA?

Now that TradeStation has created there own breadthalizer symbols I would think this is high priority for to get these brought over from Qcharts to Esignal

Comment

An ETA from above would be most helpful. Hopefully it will be soon, I've been dead in the water trading wise for several months.

Comment

Breadthalizer Stats

Any ETA on the Breadthalizer Stats for Esignal?

Comment

Come on eSignal.... Its been a long time on this.... Six months since the last promise... And these were asked for and promised even before that! I believe the first promise was a year ago!

At least give us the New Highs and New Lows... A World Class Data service should provide those... Even the freebies provide them.

How about a real Date and committment?

Comment

They are currently scheduled to be part of our eSignal 10.4 release which is slated for end of Q1, beginning of Q2 next year. If they are available sooner than that, we'll advise everyone.

Thanks.

Comment

status

What's the latest on a completion date?

Anyone out there?

Bueller? Bueller?

Comment

The 10.4 release is on target for release next month but I can't confirm whether breadth stats will make it into the final release. Once I confirm, I'll post again.

Thanks.

Comment

Working...
                              X