new livecharts - necessary features

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new livecharts - necessary features

in addition to my "bugs"- thread i start a thread with all the necessary features that the new livecharts version should get soon - in my opinion.

everybody please feel free to add those YOU would like to get.

again i hope this will be a serious discussion, etc.

1. most important for me:

please make it AGAIN possible to stretch the livecharts applet beyond the width of a screen - to a size of about 2000 pixels or so - this was one of the most important functions the old version offered - and i (hopefully i'm not alone) ABSOLUTELY need this.

2. there are too many horizontal grid lines i think.

3. there should be a date at the x-axis again (old version had it).

4. clock - a 4th option would be fine - NY time.

5. exchange prefixes should be reinstalled.

6. it should be possible so save a list of symbols (top left) to cookies.

7. it should also be possible to save a list of additional time intervals to cookies - 2min, 3min, 240 min, etc.

8. if i enter a symbol and press enter - then the cursor stands at the beginning of the entry field - that means - before i can enter the next symbol - i first have to delete what i typed before - this is very cumbersome. same for time interval.

thanks a lot.

Re: new livecharts - necessary features

Originally posted by freestyle

please make it AGAIN possible to stretch the livecharts applet beyond the width of a screen - to a size of about 2000 pixels or so - this was one of the most important functions the old version offered - and i (hopefully i'm not alone) ABSOLUTELY need this.
    If you have a multple monitor configuration (like nView), take one of the secondary charts and toggle from full page to Restore Down (less than full) view, then stretch the page from a one to two montor view and restore to full. You'll get a full two pages of single chart across multiple monitors.

Comment

Re: Re: new livecharts - necessary features

Originally posted by dannol48
      If you have a multple monitor configuration (like nView), take one of the secondary charts and toggle from full page to Restore Down (less than full) view, then stretch the page from a one to two montor view and restore to full. You'll get a full two pages of single chart across multiple monitors.
      thanks for the info.

but i do not have a 2nd monitor - because i do not need one for trading itself.

i think that what you described should be possible also on one monitor. to stretch the chartdwindow beyond one screen - to get the desired width.

just like the old version did it - i am convinced that this little change is possible.

Comment

I just tried stretching the chart by moving the reduced size chart in the opposite direction off-screen from the direction I wish to stretch and widening, and that worked too. I'd have to do a test after hours to see if that's only because I'm running nView, i.e. see if a single monitor works. Since I'm able to do that in directions where no monitor display exists (unlike my prior test and post), that does have me curious why you can't.

Are you able to move the chart window outside the boundaries of the screen edge and stretch in the opposite direction? Since your running in that mode, you'd be the better one to check viability.

Comment

I just tried stretching the chart by moving the reduced size chart in the opposite direction off-screen from the direction I wish to stretch and widening, and that worked too. I'd have to do a test after hours to see if that's only because I'm running nView, i.e. see if a single monitor works. Since I'm able to do that in directions where no monitor display exists (unlike my prior test and post), that does have me curious why you can't.

Are you able to move the chart window outside the boundaries of the screen edge and stretch in the opposite direction? Since your running in that mode, you'd be the better one to check viability.
          i'm not completely sure what you mean.

i can - so far stretch - a reduced window only to the width of my screen - not more. sorry.

maybe that is a problem due to my settings. if it turns out it is - great. but i doubt it so far.

Comment

To be more specific....

I have the ability to take the chart (reduced to less than full size) and move it left (off screen) so only a portion of the chart remains on the screen, i.e. the chart window when reduced can move beyond the screen edge.

In that postion, I can then stretch the chart right until I come to the right screen edge (mouse cursor limit).

In this method, I don't move the mouse cursor outside the screen borders, only the chart.

It's possible I only have that ability due to multiple monitor mode, but it does provide a very wide chart that can be panned.

BTW...I do like the new apps capabilities. I was an advocate for getting an improve chart. I was only going to drop the service due to single chart when the Add feature was added just days ago. I just can't get it to operate stable for sessions and possilbe memory problems (that last one really not sure yet). My system was extremely stable before the new charts, but I'm trying everything I can to get it back to stable operation. I won't continue this more than a few more days. I'm getting no work done and yesterday's BSOD that brought down my system has got me more concerned than ever on rogue appware. (meaning code that might cause other apps to fail).

Comment

To be more specific....

I have the ability to take the chart (reduced to less than full size) and move it left (off screen) so only a portion of the chart remains on the screen, i.e. the chart window when reduced can move beyond the screen edge.

In that postion, I can then stretch the chart right until I come to the right screen edge (mouse cursor limit).

In this method, I don't move the mouse cursor outside the screen borders, only the chart.

It's possible I only have that ability due to multiple monitor mode, but it does provide a very wide chart that can be panned.

BTW...I do like the new apps capabilities. I was an advocate for getting an improve chart. I was only going to drop the service due to single chart when the Add feature was added just days ago. I just can't get it to operate stable for sessions and possilbe memory problems (that last one really not sure yet). My system was extremely stable before the new charts, but I'm trying everything I can to get it back to stable operation. I won't continue this more than a few more days. I'm getting no work done and yesterday's BSOD that brought down my system has got me more concerned than ever on rogue appware. (meaning code that might cause other apps to fail).
              thanks again for your answer.

this is exactly what I cannot do - so far.

maybe i have to tweak my settings a little bit.

what os do you run?

win xp pro here...

thank you again.

Comment

another idea:

i whink it would be helpful if a certain indicator at the bottom of the chart (volume, etc.) could be removed with one mouseclick - instead of having to click it and then press "delete" .

that would mean the indicator window should get a "X" at top right - like the chart window itself.

just a thought.

Comment

WinXP Pro SP2 (current service) and IE7 for browser

Java @ latest build 1.06.0_05-b13

CA Security Center (uses ZoneAlarm code base for FW)

Ameritrade Command Center is rock stable, so at least that Java applet is working OK.

Comment

WinXP Pro SP2 (current service) and IE7 for browser

Java @ latest build 1.06.0_05-b13

CA Security Center (uses ZoneAlarm code base for FW)

Ameritrade Command Center is rock stable, so at least that Java applet is working OK.
                    so do i understand it right that you have one monitor with a dual monitor setup?

or maybe it is because i run ie 6.0...?

thank you.

Comment

Actually, I have minimum two physical monitors always connected to the system and expand to as many as four at times. I'm currently running with two.

Comment

Actually, I have minimum two physical monitors always connected to the system and expand to as many as four at times. I'm currently running with two.
                        ok - but i understand it right that it should be possible to have one screen with a dualscreen-setup - to do what you described?

i tried to play around with the settings of my display - but so far without success.

maybe esignal brings back the old function - hopefully.

thank you!

Comment

No, I was just hopeful that you could do the same thing with a single screen/monitor, and curious why you can't.

As far as I know, you should be able to move app windows so that they are partially off-screen. In fact, I went to another computer in the house with a single monitor and just did move a IE window in that manner. That computer has never been setup for anything but a single monitor, but it does also have an nVidia adapter. It's my daughter's running XP.

Comment

No, I was just hopeful that you could do the same thing with a single screen/monitor, and curious why you can't.

As far as I know, you should be able to move app windows so that they are partially off-screen. In fact, I went to another computer in the house with a single monitor and just did move a IE window in that manner. That computer has never been setup for anything but a single monitor, but it does also have an nVidia adapter. It's my daughter's running XP.

i can move the window - but can't stretch it unfortunately. but - let's see...

thank you anyway!

Comment

Re: new livecharts - necessary features

Originally posted by freestyle
                              in addition to my "bugs"- thread i start a thread with all the necessary features that the new livecharts version should get soon - in my opinion.

everybody please feel free to add those YOU would like to get.

again i hope this will be a serious discussion, etc.

2. there are too many horizontal grid lines i think.

3. there should be a date at the x-axis again (old version had it).

4. clock - a 4th option would be fine - NY time.

5. exchange prefixes should be reinstalled.

6. it should be possible so save a list of symbols (top left) to cookies.

7. it should also be possible to save a list of additional time intervals to cookies - 2min, 3min, 240 min, etc.

8. if i enter a symbol and press enter - then the cursor stands at the beginning of the entry field - that means - before i can enter the next symbol - i first have to delete what i typed before - this is very cumbersome. same for time interval.

thanks a lot.
                              i wonder how many of these issues will be solved with the coming update.

Comment

Working...
                              X