Chart window

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chart window

The new livecharts window display is just not up to snuff compared to the old version.

Even stretching the chart out to fill the screen, I can't get a full trading day up on the 5 minute setting. If I add a couple of indicators, the candlesticks become short fat blobs.

The 1 minute chart only displays an hour of data. There is no longer a setting for quarterly data at all.

The old version displayed far longer time periods for the 1,2,5,10,15 minute etc settings and I only had it on a quarter of a screen most days.

What was usefull to me on a quarter screen is now less usefull on a full screen.

Do you guys plan any changes to this scenario?

I will also add that after several on line and live on line conversations with support staff, I am still not able to get ANY Toronto Stock Exchange Index symbols. I've been told to use the online symbol search tool, but it doesn't find them. I finally asked the live online rep to see if he could find any of them and he couldn't.

So to summarize, I can't see the amount of data I used to get, and I cannot get some very crucial symbols that are used to guide trading on the Canadian markets.

There must be something wrong with your screen setup: do you have 1280 by 1024 pixels? Or you haven't fully explored the new LiveChart features, like adjusting the time scale by stretching or compressing it. I can get up to five full days of 5-minute bars and three days of 1-minute bars (at the extreme compression).

Toronto Exchange symbols have "-TC" appended to them; I get them all the time.

Comment

thanks. the online "manual" didn't mention the stretching feature on the time axis for the chart window, and the tech support person who replied to me by email didn't either. much appreciated.

now i just need to find the symbol for the S&P/TSX Global Mining Index

none of the symbols described at the TSX site seem to work
      even with the -TC extention. they are:

Index Ticker Symbol
      REUTERS 3000XTRA .GSPTXGM
      REUTERS PLUS .GSPTXGM.TO
      REUTERS STATION CA;TXGM
      BLOOMBERG TXGM Index
      THOMSON .TXGM

Comment

Originally posted by ajonesy

Index Ticker Symbol
        REUTERS PLUS .GSPTXGM.TO
        REUTERS STATION CA;TXGM
        BLOOMBERG TXGM Index
        THOMSON .TXGM
        I'm not specifically familiar with that index, but you should be able to find it using the Symbol Lookup link at the top of LiveCharts. It looks like a magnifying glass and when your mouse hovers over it, it says Symbol Lookup.
        Regards,
        Jay F.
        Product Manager

Comment

Originally posted by ajonesy

Index Ticker Symbol
          REUTERS PLUS .GSPTXGM.TO
          REUTERS STATION CA;TXGM
          BLOOMBERG TXGM Index
          THOMSON .TXGM
          I'm not specifically familiar with that index, but you should be able to find it using the Symbol Lookup link at the top of LiveCharts. It looks like a magnifying glass and when your mouse hovers over it, it says Symbol Lookup.
          Regards,
          Jay F.
          Product Manager

Comment

Looks like there's a problem in the Quote.com database with the Canadian indices. The names all are generic so the symbol search isn't too helpful in this case (normally it's great otherwise.)

The symbol you are looking for is $TXGM-TC

Just remember that the dollar sign is important. All indices in LiveCharts start with a dollar sign.
            Regards,
            Jay F.
            Product Manager

Comment

thanks for the help. i'm used to the $ prefix on indices from the old version. i've tried that symbol before while i was using a trial an error approach to getting the chart to display.

it does actually bring up the chart, but the data is not accurate. that index closed at 123.87 on friday, and my livechart is showing it at 99.88. also there is only the one day displayed on the chart.

maybe it is a datafeed issue.

Comment

Working...
              X