Some one else is logged in with same user and password

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some one else is logged in with same user and password

a new problem, that is all we need. something else to waste our time. how long will it take these folks to get it. we want something that works. that is it.
    Keith

UPDATE: The new LiveCharts build was updated last week and finished today and supports HTTP tunneling plus the following fixes/enhancements:

Fix for the “100% CPU” bug which caused applet to freeze in some cases
    Fix for OBV study (last bar was always 0 on a daily chart)
    Fix for data export bug when all sessions are turned off
    Changed the row order in data export
    Chart headers state is saved now

You should see all the fixes and users behind corporate firewalls will be able to log-in to LiveCharts now.

Thanks for your patience and understanding,

John B

Comment

chart headers state is not saved for "new charts".
      Last edited by freestyle; 05-06-2008, 12:39 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by freestyle
        chart headers state is not saved for "new charts".
        correction:

chart headers state is not saved at all.

maybe it's just me - then what am i doing wrong?

Comment

who is able to save chart headers state?

Comment

who is able to save chart headers state?
            Whatever Portfolio, Chart Symbol, Period, and Chart Studies (e.g. Moving Average) are on the Main Page at shutdown, are what I see at next start on LC2.

If I use the Save Session and Load Session (upper right on Main page), what I've saved (same list as above) is restored. So, that seems to be a quick method to give me a stardard configuration to "quick load" no matter what configuration I had at prior shutdown. If I were to make recommendations for that feature, ability to quick load more than one configuration, setting of fixed/selected default load configuration, and extension to saving and restore of secondary charts would be nice enhancements.

I haven't done extensive tests, but those functions and/or automatic features are what I've observed with the current LC2 App. Where and how things are saved, I haven't fully explored.

Running XP Pro @ Service Pack 3 (SP3 just installed Sunday) with IE7 and Java JRE version 1.6.0_05-b13.

Dan

Edit: I forgot to include that changes to display columns on Portfolio, e.g. adding Bid / Ask, also appear to save and restore.

Edit2: The cookie "myname"@login.livecharts.com appears to have alot of info about current session and might be the best candidate for where last configuration is stored.

Are you clearing or have cookies blocked?
            Last edited by dannol48; 05-12-2008, 11:35 AM.

Comment

the save and restore feature works fine for me.

but not for "chart headers" - although they say it should.

i can save layout, symbol, chart interval, time and sales filtering, indicator at bottom of chart, etc.

Comment

OK....new terminology....CHART HEADERS....got it.

I see on the MORE drop-down a selection for chart headers, i.e. the small boxes at top of chart with Symbol, Open, High, Low, Close, and Delta (Change). I also have several Studies in next lower tier. Those "boxes" are saving and restoring and are reflecting my last configuration at shutdown of LC2. Values on the upper tier for last period are looking a little funny sometimes before LC has a chance to roll some T&S, so I'll do some checks on the data.

It sounds like your problem is with the Headers not being present. I tried to uncheck and remove the Chart Headers for a shutdown and restart and they DIDN'T stay removed. Looks like same for Data View, i.e. I have Data View off and it won't turn On. I guess when I can figure out where and how it's saved, I can do some more tests to see if I'm somehow blocking the process from working. I think the cookie I located is key, as it appears to update (timestamp) and does in all the jumble of data have my last stock symbol on main chart.

Danno

Comment

"data view" is fine.

i turned it off and it stays off.

"chart headers" not.

Comment

"data view" is fine.

i turned it off and it stays off.

"chart headers" not.
                    Ooops....it does appear to work. It just doesn't appear until you move the cursor into the chart.

I wonder if the headers will toggle correct if there aren't any studies?

Comment

Working...
                    X