$TRIN divided by 10?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• $TRIN divided by 10?

Yesterday $TRIN showed the correct value, today the chart shows a $TRIN of 0.115.

If the chart is switched from All sessions to RTH and/or back, the correct value is shown for about 5 seconds.

$TICK also shows 0.XXX values all the time....

If the old breadth-indicators will only reappear in july, esignal should think about not charging their BETA-testers, pardon, customers...

I was unable to duplicate the 0.xxx value for the Trin in LiveCharts 2.0.

Could you indicate which server you are connected to via the java console? Accessible from Tools and Sun Java Consol (IE users)

Comment

Originally posted by ToddI
      I was unable to duplicate the 0.xxx value for the Trin in LiveCharts 2.0.

Could you indicate which server you are connected to via the java console? Accessible from Tools and Sun Java Consol (IE users)
      eljhttp-h.esignal.biz, connected through http port 80

this is from netstat -a

switched on the java console, but it is not showing anywhere...

Comment

On the Java Console screen it should be near the top and indicate something like:

Server Name = LC-H-02
        Server URL = lc-h-02.esignal.com

It's a couple inches below the first line representing livecharts:
        => LiveCharts, Copyright © 2000-2008, Build LC16 of 04/20/08 <=

Comment

On the Java Console screen it should be near the top and indicate something like:

Server Name = LC-H-02

Thank you, but it is the java console that is not showing/starting.

I switched on the console on the java control panel, but nothing happened. Do I have to restart the whole livecharts? That would be 5 charts to setup again :-(

Comment

At this time I haven't heard of other reports of this particular issue.

If it is related to one of our servers that has yet to be identified.

The surest way to get onto another server is via clearing cookies, however that would result in a loss of your personal settings.

Presently, pop-out chart preferences aren't saved when clicking the save session button (it is something that has been requested), so closing out will require the charts to have to be set up again.

Comment

Server Name = LC-H-02
              Closed Livecharts. Started LC, logged in, LC showed the right $TRIN from the yesterday session.
              When trading started started it is again 0.123

Same with $TICK, showing values of 0,XXX
              Same with $ADD, showing values of 0,XXX

Server Name LC-H-08
              Server URL = lc-h-08.esignal.com

Is it possible to switch servers by editing cookies so that I don't loose all chart-settings?
              Last edited by unhappy; 05-08-2008, 07:11 AM.

Comment

I checked that server:

Server Name = LC-H-08

but I am showing $trin around 1.25 to 1.31 currently on a chart as well as the portfolio, we'll continue to monitor it though:

Running IE 6.0 with sun java (Version 6 Update 5) on windows xp.

Is there any additional information you could provide:
                Interval of chart, is it on the portfoilio pod
                Browser (version)
                Operating system?

Could you post a screenshot of what you are receiving?
                Last edited by eSignal_ToddI; 05-08-2008, 07:48 AM.

Comment

Here is an example of what I was receiving:
                  Attached Files

Comment

Made a screenshot. Preview reply somehow omits my attachment although it is smaller than 102400 bytes...

Attachment did not work, had to host the pic on imageshack

Win 2k SP4 with all the latest fixes.
                    JRE 1.6.0_06
                    IE 6

Last edited by unhappy; 05-08-2008, 09:19 AM.

Comment

With screenshots, the preview does that.

If you attach a screenshot and submit it, it should display if it's within the size range.

Comment

I don't have access to a machine with windows 2k, it's not an OS we support, so I'm unable to test this myself.

Do you get the same results with a different browser like Firefox?

I noticed that your decimals are repesented as commas on your charts, but I do not know what would cause that.

I didn't see a chart of the $trin, though the hot list seemed to have it with the correct decimalization.

Comment

I don't have access to a machine with windows 2k, it's not an OS we support, so I'm unable to test this myself.

Do you get the same results with a different browser like Firefox?

I noticed that your decimals are repesented as commas on your charts, but I do not know what would cause that.

I didn't see a chart of the $trin, though the hot list seemed to have it with the correct decimalization.
                          Didn't test firefox, as, from my experience, IE runs java-applets more stable and 'faster'. YMMV

Decimalization uses commas in germany/europe.

Missed the correct $TRIN $TICK values on the hotlist.... AS previously stated, if I switch symbols, timeframes, All session/RTH, the correct value and chart is shown until the next quote-update...

Thank you for your efforts concerning bugtracking, but upto now the forced transition to the new LC has cost me more time & money that one can allow to spend...

From the technical and human point of view I am inclined to 'help' to fix it, but unfortunately esignal does not pay me for this, instead I pay for being a beta-tester... From my esignal-customer-id you see that I am long year LC customer but enough is enough.

Would you pay for a digital TV-subscription, if you would have to reprogram the receiver-box each day?
                          Setup the channels, select and sort your favorites and adjust the screen settings every time you switch it on?

Comment

Our spot checks of $TRIN throughout the day on several servers continue to show the correct figures for this index. We would like to isolate the reason why you are seeing otherwise.

Please PM your contact info so that we may further troubleshoot and resolve this issue for you.

Comment

Working...
                            X