Error: Please login to use Portfolio Mgr

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Error: Please login to use Portfolio Mgr

I am logged in and using LiveCharts, however when i try to add a symbol to the Portfolio Manager (the left most window) the following error msg appears underneath the News box "Error: Please login to use the portfolio manager" ...
    I am already logged in ... is this a bug? or am i doing something wrong.

Hi There,

Thanks for your forum post.

Your system may be caching an older/expired cookie.

[1] Please try clearing your browser cache and deleting cookies:
    - Clear your cache: Open your browser, click Tools - Internet Options. From the General tab, click "Delete All Files" under the Temporary Internet Files section.
    - Delete all cookies: Open your browser, click Tools - Internet Options. From the General tab, click "Settings" under the Temporary Internet Files section. Select "View Files", then select all the files shown and delete them.

[2] In order to fully experience the power of the application, the use of cookies is required. To ensure that you can accept cookies. (From your menu bar choose Tools -> Internet Options. Click on the "Privacy" tab. Please ensure that you are set at a Medium Privacy level. You may have to click on the "Default" button to show the privacy slider bar again. You can choose either Medium, Medium-Low, or Low for security settings. We suggest that you choose Medium security.

NOTE: The above steps may be different, if you are not using InterNET Explorer.

[3] Please do not use any shortcuts/bookmarks when accessing your login page: http://www.livecharts.com

Kind Regards,

Comment

It seems as though there are many, many situations for which the solution is to clear cookies. Could you please post the file names for cookies that are associated with Livecharts, so that we can delete them manually, resolving Livecharts specific problems without having to eliminate cookies for sites where the cookies are acting properly?

That would be VERY helpful!

Thanks ...

Bob Compere

Comment

Working...
      X