Portfolio

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Portfolio

I am having a 'devil' of a time with the portfolio. I change positions on the chart platform every day updating my intraday watchlist. I rarely open LiveCharts to the portfolio I had the day before. Sometimes I get the Sample List, sometimes I get a portfolio that I was using days before and sometimes I get a list I've never seen before.

I went to the portfolio section on Quote.com site and set up a generic list, gave it a name, saved it and still can't access it on the Charting platform. In fact when I closed the Quote.com site and went back in it gave me no portfolio and suggested I set one up.

I'm thinking that I may have multiple portforlios saved on multiple servers and each time I sign in (either charts or site) I get a 'version' of something I created before.

I'm spending so much time trying to get the list I need every morning it's interfering with my morning prep. I need a reliable portfolio - please help.

Hey,
    Seems like LiveCharts stores a bunch of info in Cookies and Temp files. Have you tried closing all the browser windows you have open, then opening the Internet Options control panel and deleting the Cookies and Temp Files (and offline files) from there?

That's just an idea - it might help. Each time you log in LC pulls software down from the servers and a lot of info is stored in the temp files and cookies. By clearing them you get to start over - worth a try? Let me know if it helps.

Comment

Thanks billbled for your post.

Since then at the end of the day I have been deleting TempFiles (not Cookies) and then saving the portfolio only once. Because of the Error: Please login to use the portfolio manager that I get everyday (have it now) I was afraid that I would lose my list competely. I was updating the portfolio each time I made a change intraday - could be many time per day.

Over the last few days when I open in the morning I have a portfolio I recognize. I still get duplicated symbols but this list is better than what I was getting before.

I also went to the Quote.com homepage and signed in and deleted the existing portfolio and rebuilt it and gave it a name - perhaps that made a difference.

So thanks for the help. Hopefully the techs will clear up the Error: Please login thing in due course.

Comment

Hey,
        Glad it's better.

I think they will get all the remaining issues sorted out. I know the developer's are working on the issues and LiveCharts will be better...

Comment

Working...
        X