New Release LC17 5/22/08

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Release LC17 5/22/08

LiveCharts, Copyright © 2000-2008, Build LC17 of 05/22/08 showing on Java Console.

Looks like the extra period problem is fixed. A cursory check of 195, 130, 78, 65, 30, and 10, all have correct periods displayed.

Could someone at eSig, et. al. post a list of what's fixed with this release.

Thank You!

Dan

well . . . it would be nice if it was fixed, but we've just gone in the other direction a bit

looking at the index futures contracts -- ES, NQ, AB (day session only) -- and using the 5min as a reference, since the day divides nicely into 5min segments, compare the closing price of the day (last bar) to the 2min or 10min or 30 min or 60min or 120min . . . or any other time frame that leaves a fraction of a bar at the end of the day . . . we are missing data

for example, yesterday on the NQ (NQ M8=2) the last 5min bar shows a closing price of 2004.00, the last 2min bar shows a closing price of 2005.75, the last 10min bar shows a closing price of 2005.00, the last 30min bar shows a closing price of 2002.50, the last 60min bar shows a closing price of 1997.75????? not happy with the closing price, just switch to another time frame, bound to find something you like . . .

what we've done here is just substituted one distortion for another, and this one is worse. the last bar on those time frames that leave a fraction of a bar at day's end needs to rounded off, not eliminated

please fellas, lets get it right . . . and soon

Comment

started lc 4 times today.

new version, old version, new version, old version ...

i do not understand how these guys do their work.

weird...

absolutely...

weird...

Comment

Originally posted by freestyle
        started lc 4 times today.

new version, old version, new version, old version ...

i do not understand how these guys do their work.

weird...

absolutely...

weird...
        I have to agree that something is odd. I've had 5 connection failures and reconnect attempts since open on Socket 80. Still having to restart secondary charts, so I'm still in down state (i.e. can't trust the charts due to timeout freeze failures and no indication that a chart is dead after failure).

I'll have to look at goofyfoot's issue and see if closing numbers and MA's are a problem, so I'm again in back-off on use.

Well, sorry to say, I'm really close to dropping out.

Comment

just for further clarification . . . the stock index futures day session is from 09:30 - 16:15 eastern time, 6 hrs and 45 min

in this latest release there are only six 60min bars per day. the last 60min bar of the day for NQ (NQ M8=2) is labeled 14:30 and to my understanding covers the period from 14:30 to 15:29, so on this time frame the last 45 minutes of the day are unaccounted for. same holds true for the 120min frame, 45 minutes of data are missing

smaller time frames are missing incrementally less data; the 30min is missing the last 15 minutes of the day, the 10min is missing the last 5 minutes of the day, the 2min is missing the last 1 minute of the day . . . .

but as it stands now for the stock index futures day session e-mini contracts (ES, NQ, AB, etc) only the intra-day charts of 1min, 3min, 5min and 15min show the last bar of the day. for the other intra-day time frames the last bar of the day missing, not plotted

i'm seeing this on:
          Server Name = LC-H-01
          Server URL = lc-h-01.esignal.com

is this a server problem or a release problem?

Comment

I haven't seen this many disconnects since switching over to Socket 80 as bypass of the 2812 Firewall compatibility problem.

14:43:19 Communication error: java.net.ConnectException: Connection timed out: connect
            FORCE RECONNECT!
            14:43:20 Attempting to connect.
            HTTP Server connection #7 created.
            New session state: Communication, connected = false
            Show connection wizard dialog...
            14:43:20 Socket connected

Comment

Originally posted by goofyfoot
              just for further clarification . . . the stock index futures day session is from 09:30 - 16:15 eastern time, 6 hrs and 45 min

in this latest release there are only six 60min bars per day. the last 60min bar of the day for NQ (NQ M8=2) is labeled 14:30 and to my understanding covers the period from 14:30 to 15:29, so on this time frame the last 45 minutes of the day are unaccounted for. same holds true for the 120min frame, 45 minutes of data are missing

smaller time frames are missing incrementally less data; the 30min is missing the last 15 minutes of the day, the 10min is missing the last 5 minutes of the day, the 2min is missing the last 1 minute of the day . . . .

but as it stands now for the stock index futures day session e-mini contracts (ES, NQ, AB, etc) only the intra-day charts of 1min, 3min, 5min and 15min show the last bar of the day. for the other intra-day time frames the last bar of the day missing, not plotted

i'm seeing this on:
              Server Name = LC-H-01
              Server URL = lc-h-01.esignal.com

is this a server problem or a release problem?
              the point here maybe is that is is displayed in chicago time - so the last 1hour bar goes from 14.30 to 15.15 ct.

Comment

no, that's not the point

using New York time and there are only six 60min bars to the day

Comment

case in point is that right now, 15:54 eastern time, the NQ is trading @ 2024.00.

but the last 60min bar of the day is in, shows a closing price of 2021.75 and is not moving, not updating to the current action. and why should it? the 60min frame thinks the day closed at 15:29 . . .

Comment

Generally with releases, they usually are rolled-out over 2-3 days so that not all servers get a particular release the same day.

Regarding the issues related to what time/data is displayed on the last bar (number of bars) I've escalated this to our QA department.

Comment

yes Todd and thank you

just want others out there to fully realize how this current thing is working

now at 16:09 eastern time, the NQ is trading at 2025.75 but the 30min frame is finished at 2021.25 and is not moving, stopped at 15:59:59

next the 10min frame will stop before the day's end . . .

Comment

Per Engineering, a resolution should be on test servers as early as tomorrow to test a fix for this issue.

Comment

volume on the e-minis

well, well . . .

one other positive note to this new release is that there is now "CumVol" listed under the Detailed Quote tab for the e-mini stock index contracts (NQ, ES, AB, etc)

hadn't noticed it yesterday with the other distraction and had really quit checking it

so thanks guys, for the names and the volume, 2 steps forward and 1 back, at least we're making progress . . .

as someone else suggested, it might be nice (or courteous, whatever you want to call it) to give notice as to what to expect or look for with each release

have a good weekend

Comment

Working...
                          X